Anyone here grinds the academy challanges ?!

• 12 replies
    • fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      not much for plo some decent session videos by brandon adams and patric atonios
      its good for low stakes ive gotten a couple of $26 tokens (sadly no cashes) and u never know u might learn something but a lot of it is for begineers
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I'm doing the bankroll chalenge but I can't finish it because I never play MTTs. Maybe I should just sign to one but I doubt the completed step is woth a dollar? Or is it?
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      you are gold and you worry about a dollar?

play the 0.10 satellites.

academy challenges are pretty decent, i quite like them, there are always things to be learnt.

and credits will buy you things eventually, going to get harrington's book personally.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      It's not that I worry about it, it just seemed lame to spend a dollar without playing and I was to lazy to check for alternatives. Well I guess I'll try to play one so then i'll be able to choose another challenge.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      You can always repeat the Academy Challanges up to 10 times. Its good to get some Academy Credits and you can use them to trade for cool stuff (some just the same as Full Tilt Store).

I don't agree with the begginers only stuff, i think there's always a lesson to be learned and we never are able to know everything about poker. Is it worth a try. :D
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzygoggle
      not much for plo some decent session videos by brandon adams and patric atonios
      its good for low stakes ive gotten a couple of $26 tokens (sadly no cashes) and u never know u might learn something but a lot of it is for begineers
      How many tokens did you get ?
      Which challenges did you complete to get the tokens ? Each cost 5000 credits , Its a lot :-)

Btw , Can you trade the tokens to money ? Can you use the tokens in SnG ?
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      Btw , Can you trade the tokens to money ? Can you use the tokens in SnG ?
      As far as i know you can't trade tokens in to money, but the Academy Store has Bonus $ to be bought too.

I Think first is 20k academy credits for $100 bonus.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      ...so do you have to clear the bonus you buy or is it in your account imediatly?
    • fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      so far ive finished the holdem leaks , preflop play , mastering the bubble and sng by the numbers think ive gotten 2 so far and have about 2000 credits so prob get another one in a week or two
      i played the 45 man sng top 6 payed yeah theres a good few sng to use the tokens but check the prize payout as a lot of them have 75$ tokens as prizes and you cant trade the tokens for money
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      It's not that I worry about it, it just seemed lame to spend a dollar without playing and I was to lazy to check for alternatives. Well I guess I'll try to play one so then i'll be able to choose another challenge.
      It does not necessary have to be regular MTT.

It can be 27man/18man SNG also..

Just make sure that it is regular (no KO or something like that). I was not credited for 90ppl KO sng, so registered to to 27man 6.5$ and shiped it for 1st place and challenge credit:-)
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      I used to do the 5 holdem leaks, since they were quite standard in my play.
      got 3000 points(10*300) in a few days through that. then did some other a few times.
      Changed the points 1 on 1 for FTP points. (smallest offer is 5k points to do this in the academy store)
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Varune
      I used to do the 5 holdem leaks, since they were quite standard in my play.
      got 3000 points(10*300) in a few days through that. then did some other a few times.
      Changed the points 1 on 1 for FTP points. (smallest offer is 5k points to do this in the academy store)
      And what are you doing with the FTP ?
      Because buying something screw the rakeback