[NL20-NL50] 50NL FR AKs 200bbdeep

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG+1 ($50)
      Gerv (MP1) ($100.60)
      MP2 ($21.85)
      CO ($50)
      Button ($26.75)
      SB ($98.25)

BB ($1.15)
      UTG ($66.30)

Preflop: Gerv is MP1 with A, K
      2 folds, Gerv bets $2, 3 folds, SB raises $5.75, BB calls $0.65 (All-In), Gerv calls $4

Flop: ($13.15) K, 6, J (3 players, 1 all-in)
      SB bets $8, Gerv calls $8

Turn: ($29.15) 6 (3 players, 1 all-in)
      SB checks, Gerv bets $17.50

Should I have raised the Flop immediately?

As played, Turnbet standard?
  • 2 replies
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      IMHO you only get called by better hands if you reraise flop - the only advantage you can gain is over a donk on some weird flushdraw.

Is it standard to only call with AKs on a 3bet preflop FR? I usually play SH, but I guess postflop play is about the same.

When called flop as played and as I would have, ig turn bet is standard imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop call is fine in position, you usually don't want to put yourself in a bad spot by 4betting AKs 200bb deep since you'll only get called or shoved on by something like QQ+ most of the time.

Don't raise the flop unless you feel comfortable making a broke/fold decision when he 3bets, which you probably aren't. Keeping the pot small deepstacked with TPTK is a fine plan to keep yourself out of trouble.

If you look at this guy's aggression it drops considerably on the turn, which could mean either he gives up a lot or he goes into check/call mode for pot control way too often. Given that and the fact that he rarely check/raises there, i think betting for value is fine, and so is checking back to continue with the pot control planning to call a bet on any river as he might then valuebet worse or decide to bluff for some reason.

Hope it helps.