This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 50NL FR AKs 200bbdeep

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG+1 ($50)
      Gerv (MP1) ($100.60)
      MP2 ($21.85)
      CO ($50)
      Button ($26.75)
      SB ($98.25)

BB ($1.15)
      UTG ($66.30)

Preflop: Gerv is MP1 with A, K
      2 folds, Gerv bets $2, 3 folds, SB raises $5.75, BB calls $0.65 (All-In), Gerv calls $4

Flop: ($13.15) K, 6, J (3 players, 1 all-in)
      SB bets $8, Gerv calls $8

Turn: ($29.15) 6 (3 players, 1 all-in)
      SB checks, Gerv bets $17.50

Should I have raised the Flop immediately?

As played, Turnbet standard?
  • 2 replies
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      IMHO you only get called by better hands if you reraise flop - the only advantage you can gain is over a donk on some weird flushdraw.

Is it standard to only call with AKs on a 3bet preflop FR? I usually play SH, but I guess postflop play is about the same.

When called flop as played and as I would have, ig turn bet is standard imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop call is fine in position, you usually don't want to put yourself in a bad spot by 4betting AKs 200bb deep since you'll only get called or shoved on by something like QQ+ most of the time.

Don't raise the flop unless you feel comfortable making a broke/fold decision when he 3bets, which you probably aren't. Keeping the pot small deepstacked with TPTK is a fine plan to keep yourself out of trouble.

If you look at this guy's aggression it drops considerably on the turn, which could mean either he gives up a lot or he goes into check/call mode for pot control way too often. Given that and the fact that he rarely check/raises there, i think betting for value is fine, and so is checking back to continue with the pot control planning to call a bet on any river as he might then valuebet worse or decide to bluff for some reason.

Hope it helps.