This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 AQs in CO vs mp3 minR and BB push

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $20.00
      MP3:
      $17.90
      Hero:
      $23.70

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , Q:club:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $6.00, 2 folds, BB raises to $18.00, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $23.70 (All-In), BB raises to $20.00 (All-In).

Flop: ($46.20) 5:club: , 2:spade: , T:club:
      Turn: ($46.20) 3:heart:
      River: ($46.20) 2:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $46.20

A difficult decision that I and my fellow sweatbuddies struggled with. BB relative unknown, MP2 also. It's hard to know without stats how loose BB might make this 'squeeze-like' play. First instinct was to fold. Called because dead money and uncertainty of range villain does this with. Probably a mistake?
      If I calculate right, I think I need about 34% equity to push here. If BB's range is AKo+,JJ+ I'm a little short, whereas if he does this with, say, TT+,AQs+ it becomes very marginally profitable. Fold seems safest overall, but what do you think
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You need 34% and I do not really think BB would be shoving AQ+,TT+ here but more AK+,JJ+

Therefore to reduce variance, folding is fine. Calling however is also applicable but has its cons (guessing part whether BB 3bets 3% or 4.7%)

You can also take your own CO range against a minraise in account and go from there (reversal thinking)

Best regards,
      Gerv