This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 AQo blind battle

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $21.50
      BB:
      $19.00

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, BB calls $2.00.

Flop: ($6.00) 3:diamond: , 5:diamond: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, BB raises to $8.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $18.00

My sweat buddies persuaded me to fold to the min3bet on this flop. Probably good advice, though I did consider pushing with bd fd and overcards. My effective stack is 19, so after investing 7 I have 12 remaining for a pot of 26 (19+7). After rake I need around 32.7% equity and I'm not sure how to work out if I can achieve this without reads about what hands villain might make this play with. I'm doing fine against flush draws and random unpaired hands; PPs or other paired hands have me in trouble... Any ideas?
  • 4 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I still like to play it safe here since I'm really not able to put my opponent on a hand.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Tim64,

with the lack of reads I like the fold to this min3bet on the flop.

However, against unknown I would play c/f on this flop. It's nothing you can actually represent here and since you're openraising SB villain will probably give you even less respect(which speaks in favor of check/push, but for that I'd need some more reads/stats).

Regards,
      burek2000
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      so if u know that u're opponent will bluffbet quit often u c/r with ace-high this board?
      nice line - i always dont know how to handle such spots the best way.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Yep, I do take this line sometimes, because then you have great equity against draws which won't give up the hand and you get rid of bluffs. However, I don't like to check/raise any A-high, I like to do it with AJ+, since I wouldn't like to get called with better A-high and I want my overcards to be clean when villain has a pair.