Royal Flush

• gibster19
      gibster19
      Bronze
      I just hit my first Royal flush on full tilt (done once before on titan).

I was playing NL5 I was holding A10 and hit my royal flush on the flop..checked flop bet 5cents on turn and he folded..

Unfortunatly there was only one other player in the hand with me and i won 12 cents was about $1-$2 on titan..

I must be really unlucky lol was hoping for a nice payout but i get better with much worse..

Just wondering if others have had the same happen to them.
  • 4 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      As awesome as a royal flush is, you unfortunately never get paid off much :s_cry:

Like quads (with a pocket pair) -- only worse-- there are very few other possible strong hands. The most profitable hands are sets, since they're pretty well disguised, and your opponent can still hit a lot of good hands to pay you off with
    • kukkakeppi
      kukkakeppi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      As awesome as a royal flush is, you unfortunately never get paid off much :s_cry:

Like quads (with a pocket pair) -- only worse-- there are very few other possible strong hands. The most profitable hands are sets, since they're pretty well disguised, and your opponent can still hit a lot of good hands to pay you off with
      Yeah, but only if you hit them on the flop; when there is 3 of the same color on the board, it's unlikely anyone without even one of that color will invest any money in the pot.... However, if you have a draw and/or there is an ace on the board, there is a good chance villain has an ace with a decent kicker and believes it's the best hand, and bets for value and to protect against a flush draw.

Hit quads twice today myself, unfortunately both times the pocket pair would've been good enough to win :D Funny how with A9o, having missed the flop and the turn, people think it's still a viable tactic to call an all-in...
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      I have hit 3 RF's this past week alone on Titan. Like Swiss says its hard to get paid off on them because you have all the strong cards makes it unlikely anyone has a hand to call you down with.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Originally posted by FrozenRope
      I have hit 3 RF's this past week alone on Titan. Like Swiss says its hard to get paid off on them because you have all the strong cards makes it unlikely anyone has a hand to call you down with.
      unless they are holding quads