choosing poker room

• 8 replies
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      If you don't already have an account at Pokerstars, Fulltilt or PartyPoker choose one of those.

Pokerstars is the biggest and you will never have any problems finding action there but I'm not a fan of their rewards program.

Fulltilt is good but there seems to be a flush possible on 2/3 of the hands lol.

Don't really play partypoker so no real insight for it.
    • pijy25
      pijy25
      Bronze
      I've had good luck with Pacific Poker (888.com). Not very many big tourneys if that's what you like. Always full ring games though.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Ryantehone and welcome to the community.

To be honest our members above have already provided some great input on some of the platforms.

I agree with AlexanderD22 in that PokerStars is good for tournaments, but Full Tilt is better for bonuses/rakeback etc. I'm not personally a big fan of the Partypoker software, but we have lots of members that like it.
      Some of the smaller platforms have "fishier" players that can also prove very profitable.

At the end of the day it's just down to personal preference really.

By the way, sometimes not all platforms will operate in certain countries, so the choice may be limited. Your PokerStrategy page should show which ones are available to you.

Good luck & best regards,

Bart
    • Ryantehone
      Ryantehone
      Basic
      Im sorry, I guess you mistook my post. What im trying to say is that upon completion. The only 3 that it is allowing me choose to play at is bet365/pokerheaven.com and betfair poker. There is no option of fulltilt/ pokerstars or any of the mainstream poker rooms.
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ryantehone
      Im sorry, I guess you mistook my post. What im trying to say is that upon completion. The only 3 that it is allowing me choose to play at is bet365/pokerheaven.com and betfair poker. There is no option of fulltilt/ pokerstars or any of the mainstream poker rooms.
      In that case I would refer to the MOD post about geographical restrictions on where you can play.

Use the ticket system under support if you want to find out more, worked well for me with my problem.
    • sorelena
      sorelena
      Bronze
      I strongly suggest you to choose 888 pacific poker.. Althougt I saw in some forums complaining about rooms filled with donks, I might say that is not true.. I play in almost all poker rooms, and 888 was the best.. Full tilt and poker stars are 2/3 filled with donks, and the software for randomizing cards is so stupid, that you will become very annoyed and frustrated playing it.. You will find there, more than 50% situations that lose manyy strong hands against crap cards. In 888 pacific you will find also short tourneys, where you can win a lot, with people than dont pay or raise any crap poket cards..
      Well, that's my impression! I'm sure that may be a lot of people not agreeing with this, but the choice is yours..
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sorelena
      I strongly suggest you to choose 888 pacific poker.. Althougt I saw in some forums complaining about rooms filled with donks, I might say that is not true.. I play in almost all poker rooms, and 888 was the best.. Full tilt and poker stars are 2/3 filled with donks, and the software for randomizing cards is so stupid, that you will become very annoyed and frustrated playing it.. You will find there, more than 50% situations that lose manyy strong hands against crap cards. In 888 pacific you will find also short tourneys, where you can win a lot, with people than dont pay or raise any crap poket cards..
      Well, that's my impression! I'm sure that may be a lot of people not agreeing with this, but the choice is yours..
      All very well & good, but OP has mentioned that he/she is restricted to the 3x they mentioned.

Ryan, we have forums boards for the platforms you mentioned, it might be worthwhile checking out other members comments on each of them before choosing.

Good luck with whichever you decide.

Best regards,

Bart
    • makwoo
      makwoo
      Global
      I have same problem, I only see three sites. Did u figure out yet?