SNG blog

• darla37
      darla37
      Bronze
      Hi everybody,

I am Pavel from SLovakia. I am starting with playing SnG because i used to play some cash game NL2,NL4,NL10 but now i need something new. I deposit 50 $ in pokerstars where i want to clear first deposit bonus.

I started to play 1.1$ DoN Sng and after 750 i am 60 $ in profit and 50$ from bonus. it is in total 110$ . But i want to ask if my ROI which is only 8% is okay or if i am playing bad in some way because i think i play too tight.

Can somebody advise me in any way? Which SnG to play or anything what can help me with my carrer? i will post every week my progres. And i hope that you can give me some good advices.

I multitable 18+ tables.. can somebody advice me how much is optimal? thanks

And sorry for my english. :)
  • 73 replies
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      playing 18 tables low stakes tournament will definetly grows up your Bankroll (if you are good) ... but if you want to be a better player you should stick to fever tables... like 4-12max... normal sngs should be fine for gaining experience and money ...if you want only to make money you should stick with turbos...

it will be not easy ... maybe more frustraiting than cash games but less swingy ... i wish you best of luck :) btw from with city are you?

:f_love:
    • darla37
      darla37
      Bronze
      Cauko ...

cital som tvoj blog a preto som zacal hravat SnG :) ale este stale to nemam v ruke alebo som chytil downswing neviem lebo teraz mam 1000 turnajov odohratych ale len 4% ROI... mal som okolo 10% ale poslednych 500 turnajov nejak neslo alebo to hram zle a na zaciatku som mal len stastie. Lebo teraz hravam DoN a to sa asi neda hrat pomocou ICM modelu... tak si skusam najst nejaku strategiu ale stale neviem ze ci to hram dobre... nehraval si DoN ze by si mi v niecom mohol poradit :) a ja som z Nitry...
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      DONy som nehraval prakticky nikdy bo niak mi to je proti srsti... neni to poker podla mna ... co sa tyka toho ROI tak v rychlych strukturach ako ma pokerstars mozes byt 1000 turnajov na roi 1% a potom dalsich 1000 turnajov na 15% ... ono kazde plusove ROI je dobre... ked ktomu pricitas bonusy/rakeback tak ono to bude urcite casom rast...

strategie najdes viac menej tuto na nete pripadne si niaku sam vymodelujes z hier ako je Poker After dark ...alebo tiez odporucam knihu od Colina Moshmana ...ta je cela o SNG a prakticky ak si ju par krat prejdes neni mozne aby si prehraval v limitoch do 20-30$ ..neskorsie uz treba trochu loose agresive skillu...

Nooo ja studjem v Nr na vyske tak ak by bol velky problem tak sa niekedy v priebehu roka mozme stretnut atd...
    • darla37
      darla37
      Bronze
      JJ urcite si necham poradit.. a tu knihu si nejako zozeniem ... tie DoN hravam preto lebo mam pri nich teraz 80 percentny rakeback.. takze to ma tak oslovilo ze to chcem vyuzit na firt deposit bonuse... ale je uplne cudne pre mna ze 50 doalrov som unlockol za 4 dni a 30 som vyhral :D cisto teraz som ziskovy na bonusoch co sa mi v cash game na mikro limitoch nikdy nestalo... tam som bol tak 500 dolarov v pluse a 100 doalrov som dal na rake... a tu je to skoro presne naopak.. inak ako sa tebe dari v pokri teraz? kolko dolarovi buy in hravas? a kolko ti trvalo takto sa vypracovat?
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      no momentalne som mal 130 buyinovy downswing co ma vyslo kolo 3500$ ...ale uz je 2500$ naspet v priebehu tyzdna tak pohoda....

noo trvalo mi to asi rok rozmnozit br... teraz momentalne hravam 12x26$ 45pajacove sng ...coskoro sa chystam na 75$ ..
    • darla37
      darla37
      Bronze
      tak to gratulujem ... ako kym sa tam dostanem ja to este potrva ale teraz sa mi podarilo dat v 360 ludi 4 miesto :D :D len to bolo len tak zo srandy za 1 doalr alebo menej uz ani neviem :D o tyzden sem hodim aky mam progres :) len cakam kym dojdu penize na moneybookers aby som to poslal do stars a dostal dalsi bonus.. inak nie je nejaka stranka ktora poskytuje rakeback na pokerstars hernu? ako napriklad na fultilt , lebo na fultilte som zabanovany tam uz hrat nemozem :D
    • darla37
      darla37
      Bronze
      ozaj pouzivas ICQ alebo nieco podobne? 323576902
    • darla37
      darla37
      Bronze
      a este som sa chcel spytat ze aky mas teraz zarobok/hodina ze co by som mohol niekedy o par rokov cakat :D
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      cool :D

have i stumbled into a different countries forum? I liked the start of this blog and was quite interested, then I have to say, I didn't understand a word of it lol :tongue:
    • darla37
      darla37
      Bronze
      Hi RawForenzo,

i am sorry for that, but me and miskovko, we are both from Slovakia, and it was easier for me to write in our language. But if you have any idea how i can improve my game please write it here. And now you know why we write in our language, because my english is horrible and i am sorry for that. :)
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      no problem darla,

I think 8% is fine if you are gonna move up through the limits. You are after all in the money here with that ROI. Or rather 8% would be good at a higher limit than $1.10! I think your ROI should definitely be a little higher, somewhere between 12-18% i think would be more desirable.

The rake is high on the DoN;s until you play at the higher limits, so just keep going with it, and don't be afraid to move up limits when you get the BR for it. Be conservative though of course if you're playing a lot of tables at once.
    • darla37
      darla37
      Bronze
      thank you for your advices, did you ever play DoN s because i will be happy if you can give me some advice how to play it, if i had to play tight in push fold phase, or if i had to push more lose. thanks
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      you're sat at one of my tables right now :D but cannot talk as chat as banned during DON later stages.
    • darla37
      darla37
      Bronze
      and i play good or bad, what do you think?
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      well i wasn't paying too much attention, as I was 18 tabling lol. and my connection was playing up too! From what I could see, you were rather tight, and only JUST won through - cus I busted out in 6th lol but hey, you finished ITM so you must be doing something right :D
    • darla37
      darla37
      Bronze
      yes you are right , today i play to tight, because i had bad luck, and i was in depresion from that i loose to mmush AK vs AQ AA vs KK and hands like that ... and people call to loose :D so i dont had a day :) ... how much do you won? and what is your nick?
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      my nick on stars is xalno.

Ive only just started dabbling again on the DoN's, ive been playing Heads Up SNG's and wanted to see how the win rate differs between the 2, so im gonna try for a few hundred and then i'll let you know when I have more accurate results (though a few thousand, would be more accurate!) :D
    • darla37
      darla37
      Bronze
      i wish you luck :) i will had 2000 SNg completed next week, then i post my results too :)
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      ive just won 10 in a row of the 5.20 turbos, thats my best run yet. i played 2 sets of 6 and found this to be much better than trying to mass table. Luckily I only suffered my losses experimenting with the $1.10 ones! :D