[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Sh Ak

• SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($4.41)
      Button ($3.93)
      Hero (SB) ($1.90)
      BB ($1.92)
      UTG ($2.07)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      1 fold, MP bets $0.06, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.05, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.14) 5:heart: , 4:club: , K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, MP calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.26) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, MP raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.08

River: ($0.58) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, MP raises to $1.10, Hero raises to $1.62 (All-In), MP calls $0.52

Total pot: $3.82 | Rake: $0.25

Now that I review this hand I feel that I should be aware of his check/call on the flop, then suddenly raise when 8 comes up . I feel like I had to laydown, But I thought I've the best hand with TPTK . or maybe I should've place a bigger bet on the flop ?
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: Re-raise. You've got a good hand, and you don't wanna go to the flop out of position without initiative. So 3bet to 20-24c

Flop: Bet bigger. You're not even betting 50% here. You don't have to bet too big here because there's not really a super large amount of hands that he can call you with on this board but at least bet 2/3 on these stakes. You are missing value from worse king hands here, definitely KQ, KJ, KT, K9 at least. All of which are gonna call nomather how much you bet. So bet big, TPTK is the nuts on NL2 you wanna get the money in.

Turn: Same thing, bet bigger... you really shouldn't bet below 2/3 pot on any street on NL2.

River: Get the money in, if there's anything left after playing it like I described.
      Your bet here makes absolutly no sense... you're betting 6c in a 58c pot... why? Get these small bets out of your system, they're bad and they are gonna cost you money against people that have at least a bit of a clue of what they are doing. Either bet or check. Don't try to do these in between things.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Yeah, you absolutely right . that's a huge leak which I will fix immidiately :)

Well he had the 88, Quads . I guess If would've bet bigger on the flop he would just fold .
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Pre-flop: Re-raise. You've got a good hand, and you don't wanna go to the flop out of position without initiative. So 3bet to 20-24c

Flop: Bet bigger. You're not even betting 50% here. You don't have to bet too big here because there's not really a super large amount of hands that he can call you with on this board but at least bet 2/3 on these stakes. You are missing value from worse king hands here, definitely KQ, KJ, KT, K9 at least. All of which are gonna call nomather how much you bet. So bet big, TPTK is the nuts on NL2 you wanna get the money in.

Turn: Same thing, bet bigger... you really shouldn't bet below 2/3 pot on any street on NL2.

River: Get the money in, if there's anything left after playing it like I described.
      Your bet here makes absolutly no sense... you're betting 6c in a 58c pot... why? Get these small bets out of your system, they're bad and they are gonna cost you money against people that have at least a bit of a clue of what they are doing. Either bet or check. Don't try to do these in between things.

Agreed. Only addendum i'd make is that betting this small is also gonna cost you money against people who have no idea what they're doing, since they'll call much bigger bets with exactly the same worse hands they call your small bets with, so you're winning a lot less money than you should, which is really bad for your game.

Hope it helps.