Rake error?

• Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      Hey all, I've got some problems with the rake on FTP.
      First, I have 25 PS point here, and I got 1.4$ rake back. Which I dont get, 25PS/2 = 12.5$ rake isnt it? 2PS = 1$ rake as I read the FAQ. So if the rake is 12.5$ then 12.5 * 0.27 = 3.375$ which is even more then double of what I got. Why is this?
      Also, how is the rake on cash games calculated on FTP ? About 5-6 all in (2$ buyin) gives me only like 10FTP, and a sng of .25$ rake gives me the same? Do you get the rake calculated from each hand you join in, or only 5% of the bet you actually put in the pot ? This way clearing a big bonus seems very hard, I was thinking about to deposit on FTP but then I must do sng all the time to clear bonuses? Help please.
      Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      Check out this thread:

Rakeback FAQ (Look here first)

It explains everything.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Lizocain,

You cannot effectively calculate rakeback using points alone as these include rounding. You have to use actual Net Earned Rake.

A link to the Full Tilt Rake Calc for cash games is included in the Rakeback FAQ sticky. You get rake on all hands you are actively involved in, not a contributed basis, so builds up pretty quick over time.

Theres no easy way to calculate your rakeback, but it is likely that it has been reduced by one of the many deductions eg. bonuses, deposit/withdrawal, points purchases, added value/freeroll tourneys etc. Please see the sticky post for full details.

If you monitor your rakeback over several weeks/months you will soon get a good idea of how much to expect each week.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      I understand its not easy to calculate rake, but its exactly around half of what I should get, deductions are hardly exisiting since I didnt depo/withdraw, I didnt play freerolls, didnt buy anything with the FTP points..thats why its strange.

just one example. lets say im playing at NL10, I am the big blind and the final pot is 1$ so rake is 5cent. Then 2-3hands later, I don't play in the hand as I fold preflop, and the final pot is 2$ so rake is 10cent. Do I get that 10cent rake counted or I dont because I folded preflop?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lizocain
      I understand its not easy to calculate rake, but its exactly around half of what I should get, deductions are hardly exisiting since I didnt depo/withdraw, I didnt play freerolls, didnt buy anything with the FTP points..thats why its strange.

just one example. lets say im playing at NL10, I am the big blind and the final pot is 1$ so rake is 5cent. Then 2-3hands later, I don't play in the hand as I fold preflop, and the final pot is 2$ so rake is 10cent. Do I get that 10cent rake counted or I dont because I folded preflop?
      Hi Lizocain,

Sorry, I'm not 100% certain, but my understanding is that you would receive a proportion (not the full 10c obviously) of the hands that you are dealt into, irrespective of whether you fold or call or win/lose etc.

I don't however know whether that includes hands where you didn't contribute at all.

Sorry I can't help further, maybe another member will know, but as mentioned before your sample size is really small at the moment. You will get a better idea once you have played and received rakeback over a few more weeks/months.

It is highly unlikely that you will receive the incorrect rakeback amount. The only occasional problem we have had in the past is people not getting any rakeback, but as discussed, generally a result of the effect of deductions.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Raisolution
      Raisolution
      Bronze
      1$ rake in cash games = 1ftp
      1$ rake in tournaments/sng = 7 ftp

About the 25sp and 1,4$ rakeback, its because you receive rakeback from the week before the last week. I've got that confusion too a month ago.
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Raisolution

About the 25sp and 1,4$ rakeback, its because you receive rakeback from the week before the last week. I've got that confusion too a month ago.
      This is strange, I thought 1$ rake = 7 ftp no matter what. Whatever, the FTP I dont really care that much as the rakeback or the SP. I was thinking about this too, will see my next rakeback and will find out the answer. Thanks for replying guys. Btw one last question to not start a new thread for this. Are you PS point reseted every month ?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lizocain
      Originally posted by Raisolution

This is strange, I thought 1$ rake = 7 ftp no matter what. Whatever, the FTP I dont really care that much as the rakeback or the SP. I was thinking about this too, will see my next rakeback and will find out the answer. Thanks for replying guys. Btw one last question to not start a new thread for this. Are you PS point reseted every month ?
      Hi Lizocain,

Raisolution is correct regarding points for cash games, there is also a cap of 3points per hand too (for those on the higher stakes).

PokerStrategy points operate on a rolling 4 week (28 day) basis which determines your Bronze/Silver/Gold etc status.
      Your total lifetime points are also recorded however and go towards gaining your Black Member status. Full details in the following link:

Best regards,

Bart