[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh, AK

• Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      I have doubts about pre-flop. He seems to be rather passive, however I cant fully relay on that small sample size.
      I don't shove prf with AK on villains, because usually people shoves with KK+/ak.
      Generally in spots like this, is better to call reraise and hope for A/K, shove, or fold?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10,20
      MP2:
      $14,72
      CO:
      $7,02
      Hero:
      $9,70

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,55, SB calls $0,50, BB folds, MP2 raises to $2,40, CO folds, Hero calls $1,85, SB folds.

Flop: ($5,55) 4:club: , T:heart: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $5,55, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,55
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I'm shoving this pre-flop I think. MP2 is playing pretty loose, raising 28% of his hands. So I'm probably going broke straight away pre-flop.

You could consider folding to I guess if you don't wanna risk a full stack, that would definitely be the low variance option but I think you're head of his range here so I'd go broke.

Calling is probably the worst option, cause you're only hitting the flop once out of 3 times and I don't wanna invest this much money in the pot just to see a flop. And if he's got jacks or something he might not even stack you off if you hit an ace or a king.

So it's pretty much between folding or pushing pre-flop where getting the money in definitely has my preference here.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agree with Mstlc, that guy is probably loose enough for us to jam AK. If you don't want to then just fold, calling off 1/4 of your stack to miss the flop 2 out of 3 times just isn't gonna be profitable with 100bb.

Hope it helps.