This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh, AK

• Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      I have doubts about pre-flop. He seems to be rather passive, however I cant fully relay on that small sample size.
      I don't shove prf with AK on villains, because usually people shoves with KK+/ak.
      Generally in spots like this, is better to call reraise and hope for A/K, shove, or fold?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10,20
      MP2:
      $14,72
      CO:
      $7,02
      Hero:
      $9,70

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,55, SB calls $0,50, BB folds, MP2 raises to $2,40, CO folds, Hero calls $1,85, SB folds.

Flop: ($5,55) 4:club: , T:heart: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $5,55, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,55
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I'm shoving this pre-flop I think. MP2 is playing pretty loose, raising 28% of his hands. So I'm probably going broke straight away pre-flop.

You could consider folding to I guess if you don't wanna risk a full stack, that would definitely be the low variance option but I think you're head of his range here so I'd go broke.

Calling is probably the worst option, cause you're only hitting the flop once out of 3 times and I don't wanna invest this much money in the pot just to see a flop. And if he's got jacks or something he might not even stack you off if you hit an ace or a king.

So it's pretty much between folding or pushing pre-flop where getting the money in definitely has my preference here.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agree with Mstlc, that guy is probably loose enough for us to jam AK. If you don't want to then just fold, calling off 1/4 of your stack to miss the flop 2 out of 3 times just isn't gonna be profitable with 100bb.

Hope it helps.