Question about strategy articles

• Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      Is the strategy the same for 6max and FR? How important is it to adjust your game to bad players who call down with one pair, bottom set, etc.? Is it best as a beginner to give everybody a lot of credit and play stricktly by the strategy articles?
  • 8 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      6max is more complex than FR because of you and other ppl playing more hands. Take it as a main principal.
    • Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      So, should I stay away from 6max completely? I figured 6max would be quite different because in FL 6max is played differently and it's definately too tight to play 6max the same as FR. In FL you must play 6max at some point because there will be very few FR tables as you climb the limits. Is this not also true for Omaha?
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      It's the same in FL, Omaha and NL, good decision is too start playing 6-max because the game gets more complex and ur skill gets bigger (if you work with ur game of course). Also in FR u have to share fish with 7 other players but in 6-max only with 4 players.

After you crush pretty high limits in 6-max you will move to HU because of the action ;) .
    • Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      This makes sense. Can you direct me to any discussions about 6max? I think at this point I'm still going to start with FR because I would like to start at the micro stakes (ie. 0.05/0.10) and on FTP I see a lot of FR tables at those limits. I think because of the lack of information on 6max PLO, I need to gain some experience playing the game and FR seems to be the safer alternative. That being said, I know that I will need to play 6max at some point, and I would like to get a head start in my studies.
    • Ratatuj
      Ratatuj
      Originally posted by timukasr
      Also in FR u have to share fish with 7 other players but in 6-max only with 4 players.
      man, have you played omaha? eg, at ipoker i can easily find a table with 3 to 6 people who constantly play a minus game (6 max). fish is all around!

starting with FR is not a bad idea. btw you an also joing our Omaha coachings or take personal ones.
    • Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      I'm re-focusing on Omaha because I've heard/read that there is an ocean of fish waiting for me in the micro-mid stakes. Hopefully this will be my experience,... I'll be sure to post my thoughts after a few months of playing.

Ratatuj: I tried to join your coaching last week, but it was on ipoker not party,... and I don't have an ipoker account. I can't just be an unknown observer, but rather need an account to watch right? If there is a way to observe tables on ipoker without creating an account, then I will most definately be a regular at your coachings.
    • Ratatuj
      Ratatuj
      well, it's not a problem to register one account as there are so many ipoker rooms. you can register in any of them if you don't want to spoil one of pokerstrategy's partners accounts (i mean bet365, mension and titan).

and Tribun plays on PP and on FTP.
    • Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      I'll eventually join ipoker in one way or another,... but until then, if the coaching is on PP or FTP, I'll definately join.