What type of games to play?

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello again.
      As I mentioned allready few times before I play strictly micro stakres SNG for obvious reasons(lots of action for realtivly small buyin, and pretty otfen finnish in the bubble, except 90+players).
      I ve been reading the forums and watched SNG videos in video section and TribunCaesar in his video mentioned, that in the begining we should study and play SSS games and maybe later on when bankrole rises come back and play 5$ SNGs.

Since I joined PS I ve never think of playing other type of game than SNG, so can you pls tell me what do you think about it and name few reasons for and against, so I can locate myself in the game?

Regards
  • 4 replies
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      NL SSS - too much variance playing like a robot and maybe no need to have a brain to play if learn by heart. But advance SSS more complicated and a brain is very needed else you won't be able to play.

Ah SSS is easy to learn and apply but if you are the impatient type you will think that SSS is a losing strategy but it was prove in the long run it is a winning strategy - thinks datz why i can't play SSS i'm not patient.

NL BSS - less variance and more decisions making.Maybe will take a lot of time to go to higher level.And bad beat is more painful as you will loose 100 BB instead of 20 BB.And if downsing hit you it will hurt >_<!!!

Between SSS and BSS i will go for BSS as i'm noob with SSS T__T
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Thx for explanation bro.
      I think I will stick with SNG for some time :) .
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      lol don't take what i said for granted.

It is just my personal view :D !

Everyone have differents views about the different game :)

The best way is to try by yourself and see whether you like it or not ^_^

But don't forget to read the articles first :D :D !
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Well i have recently decided to play all of them. That is because when i'm losing my way of tilting is to switch the games. If i'm profitable in all of them it's ok isn't it? So here i am, currently playing SnG's, going back to FL or NL SH when i feel like it. The good part is that you get to choose the best games. For example now i see how bad SnG's players are compared to cash games.

Anyway, in my opinion SSS is a joke not poker (sorry SSS players). The real deal are cash games and MTT's if you have the balls for them.

PS: I recently played a GP re-buy add-on where all the table limped preflop. So funny...