6-max SnGoes on pacific -0.5,0.3,0.2

• fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      hi,
      I play on pacific shorthanded SnG and I decided to amster ICM cause resently I become more aggresive and not all of my pushes were correct, so I would like to know
      when I use ICM and NASH calculators, and there is 0.5 0.3 0.2 payout structure default I dont have to change it. and to make math correct the max number of chips have to be the max number of chips in play, so when i do it , it would make correct math and I would do correct play right?
      so when I use this site for example

http://www.holdemresources.net/hr/sngs/icmcalculator.html

it owuld throw me correct play if everyone would play that way right?
      so the only think I would have to change is calling ranges of opposition in some other program.

Am I right or do I have to change something (I hope notň

TY for aswers

Ps: if my assumptions are correct we can start discussing strategy for those SnG so that this thread would die immediatly when I click Post :s_grin:
  • 8 replies
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Well, it will show you if your play was ICM-correct. That does not necessarilly mean it would be correct, cause you need to adjust opponent's ranges and consider blinds' effects on your fold equity (i.e. push looser when UTG as the next round may cripple your stack). Play according to ICM but do not regard ICM calculations with opponets playing perfect ranges as absolute truth.

I guess you want to use SNGWizard for these purposes. If you consider becoming a serious sng player that might be a good investment.
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      yep, I know I have to adjust to opponents ranges but ty for response anyway :) so calculations would be correct and thats great
      I has foudned some proggrames for ICM calculations but all have to be porchased to have ful l control of them, I will check one programe which looks like I can do lots of calculatiosn without it, but who knows, we will see

okay, now one general question :D
      when I was one tabling I was playing my own strategy, something like smallball but little tighter and I was playing my opponents, I have great succes but I am not sure what ROI I was achieving cuse I wasnt tracking it and Sample was probably small, too

now, when I play 3+ tables(depends on traffic :f_cry: ) I am playing really tight early and then push them around but recenlty when I returned from 2month vacation to poker it seems like I am doing everything wrong, hardly getting ITM and only winning when I get lucky and sad think is I cant really review my seassions cause PokerTracker is such a bad tournament tracking software, cant even use HUD (Trial)

so is tighter righter or should I do smth differently? (prob too generall question)
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Well, 1-tabling always gives higher roi and prevents you from making some mistakes which you would make when multitabling. I was always 4 tabling and variance was one of the reasons why i stopped playing sngs.

At some point you are totally beating the limit and then you suddenly get a huge downswing. Actually, its just a combination of bad cards and tough opponents, but you think that you became too loose, adjust your strategy and cause another "downswing". This is especially bad if it happends when you go to higher limits=)

In your case it might have been that you came from the break and just got into few tough games and were unlucky, but now you're thinking of changing the strategy. I suggest you just review your games or come back to basics for a few games.

PT3 trial had HUD when I used it a few months ago. Are you sure you've switched it on? :f_cool:
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      the HUD is worling well on CG, FL, NL, doenst matter, but instantly when I play SnG it shows jsut on one table and then its puttind the same names on another or all the names of all SnG at one table, so its jsut working on one table

yep, thats what I am gonna do, gonna look at some of my hands of last torunaments and do some calculations, if it comes correct then I am not gonna change a think , I am gonna put even a loose calling range to some guys so that I would be absolutely sure that it is coorect even agaisnt absolute donk who got chipped up by luck

BTW TY Chawez for following this thread, at least someone is :) äexxcept of me :) )

some other thoughts we could discuss? :)
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      I'm starting to play stud hi now so i'm not into holdem sngs any more =) If you ever decide to find out whats there beyond the fifth street, I'll probably be able to help then=) Now i'm quite fishy at it :f_cool:

I have some experience with sngs (built $50 to 2k) but I would not consider myself a good sng multitabler or even a good sng player. Now I start to understand that FL games are the only true ways to buil your br=)

The other thing with sngs is that when i was starting to hit a proper downswing I was cashing out a bit of my roll and going down a limit. I guess it saved me money, but it sort of slows the BR growth which is not good=)
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      ah, stud is fine game, but I ahvent played it online FL is fine game but nerve wracking, whne I was playing FL holdem I wa s plating well but fish got there on the river alll the time and they werent even getting odds and I was break even with won without showdown, just rake and showdown winnings were killing me so I didnt have nerves to play more hands :D
      however I wish u good luck (or at kelast no bad luck) 7stud or other games coudl eb really profitable cause not so many people could play them well
      maybe it is OT but who cares, no one is readign it anyways :D

to SnG, yea, they can be swingy and I wasnt having many big swings yet but I hope I wouldnt have them until I have roll that wouldnt mind swing (so my nerves wouldnt mind it, too)
      I dont know but FL may be more swingy, depends on the table size
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      stud is very swingy in short run. And there are more bad beats cause of more streets. I've only accumulated about 48 hours of stud sessions and I already had a series of 6 and 8 bad beats, losing huge pots. But I'll manage=) )

Your roll would always be in danger cause you need to move up a limit=) ))

good luck!
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      thats true but I play with quite small BRM only 30+BI but I can move down a limit if smth happen, but I dont want to caus e of big rake and stupid players there
      and I have even problem that I hav e to try everything mainly MTTs and tis jsut a donkament, cant win all the time so my roll is suffering :D almost all my winnigs come from SnG and soem from NL10SH but have to stop playing casue of really small BR andswing was in its way, then I accidenlty registered to omaha tourney with big BI :D

can u Imagine how razz msut eb swingy? ur hand isnt made usually even on 4th street ... and if so it can be ruined in the alst one :D