$4.99
      BB:
      $15.58
      MP2:
      $9.65
      MP3:
      $10.57

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, SB folds, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.45.

Flop: ($1.65) 3, 4, Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $4.00, BB raises to $6.20, Hero raises to $9.94, BB calls $6.84.

Turn: ($29.53) K (2 players)

River: ($29.53) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $29.53.
      Results follow:

BB shows two pairs, aces and fours(A A).
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and fours(Q A).

BB wins with two pairs, aces and fours(A A).
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      It's hard to play this without stats ofc. But personally I would prefer folding AQo pre-flop here, unless villain has been 3betting a lot, which I strongly doubt. People usually only 3bet kings and aces on these stakes, maybe AK and Queens. I'd expect to be behind on his range.

Once on the flop I would probably just call here. The board is really dry, there's really not a lot of bad cards that can come except for a king so I would just call his flop bet to give him another shot at bluffing the turn. With your flop raise here you are scaring away all worse hands, except for some weaker Qx hands and at the same time you're also getting valuetowned by better like in this case.
      Personally I would just call bets on flop, turn & river. I wouldn't be very happy to go broke here with TPTK while being 150BB's deep. Just calling it down all the way to the river is best here imo.
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      Agreed. This is the top flaw in my game. Worst part is I know it and still pay off.
      So often these idiots are bluffing though that I have a hard time getting away.

I think you are right though.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Erring on the side of caution and folding preflop is probably a good idea against a first time smallish 3bet, you'll get into spots where 1/ you only hit a pair 33% of the time 2/ when you do, it still might not be good so you feel awful calling down. Until you've seen him make those 3bets often enough to feel comfortable felting TPTK postflop, better to just give up the 3.5bb you put in there rather than lose the whole 150bb when you hit.

As played postflop i would also call him down, KK+ are still a real possibility for him to have and the cheaper i get away with the showdown the better until i know more about him.

Hope it helps.