to create new account or not?

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Two years ago I registered at Pokerstars. Played about 10 playmoney sngs and never deposited any real money. After that I found Pokerstrategy and got starting capital for other site. Lately I've been thinking about moving my bankroll to pokerstars but there's a problem - I already am registered there. Damn!!! I downloaded the software to see whether I wrote my real data - I didn't. Only one information is true - my home city.

I contacted the support explaining them that I registered at pokerstars years ago and only played there with playmoney and this time I would like to deposit $600 through Pokerstrategy. They politely answered me that my account can be closed but I can't open new one. I really tried to persuade them that I would really like to play there through pokerstrategy but their final answer was it won't work. (Of course I can deposit and use pokerstars first deposit bonus as any other person on pokerstars but not through PS; no points for me, no $$ for PS)

I was really disappointed because I opened my account before I even knew what poker is and played like 10 sngs and that was it. I know we all have to pay for our mistakes but that sucks.

My question is...Do you think it would be wise to open new account from another mail with another nick with my real name? I would't like to have problems with pokerstars and especially with Pokerstrategy so I would like to hear opinions from fellow pokerstrategists.
  • 7 replies
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      As it was play money think you can open a new a/c without any problem.

And also u did not give true data in the play money account.

So they can not trace you.

The only way for them to trace you is by cookie or IP.

Deleting cookies is easy :D !

For the ip if you have a dynamic IP all you need is refresh your connection.

But if you have static IP then they may trace you.

Anyway i don't know too much about pokerstar but the other site you can create another a/c if your previous account was only playmoney.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Tnx for your reply cpwpoker. I'm thinking in the same way... ;)

Anyway the decision won't be made in next few days so I'll think over many times not to screw myself.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Pokerstars are extremely strict on players deleting and re-creating poker account.
      Pokerstars is such a big site that they don't really care if you will deposit $x because most people (including myself) will play on the site because of the volume of players and because the site is just so good.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      I'm with justkyle88,

Poker platforms are very strict about these rules and have already confirmed to you that they would not accept a 2nd account.

The consequences are severe and could include being banned for life and having all funds confiscated. It is of course entirely up to you, but I would strongly suggest that it is just not the risk.

PokerStrategy have lots more platforms where you can make an account and earn PokerStrategy points.

Best regards,

Bart
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Hm...Tnx for the advice. I wrote them several mails and no matter how I asked them the answer was the same every time - it can't be done. I probably won't risk it.
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Some of the people I know have 2 accounts on PS and FTP, very similar circumstances as yours. Although I don't encourage such a thing, I really don't think they would have noticed out of all those players, and they would have not traced you back. Now that you emailed them they are probably aware of you, but I still don't think they can prove that you have 2 accounts.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Frakkk
      Some of the people I know have 2 accounts on PS and FTP, very similar circumstances as yours. Although I don't encourage such a thing, I really don't think they would have noticed out of all those players, and they would have not traced you back. Now that you emailed them they are probably aware of you, but I still don't think they can prove that you have 2 accounts.
      With respect, it's because of their size that they do notice. They invest heavily in software to identify such things.

I know of lots of people, friends included that are kicking themselves for having 2nd accounts or setting a new one up. They can now no longer play on those sites at all.

At least with your existing account you still have access to their tournaments/promotions etc.

Best regards,

Bart