How do you find much time for poker (if you are not a pro)

• SPeedFANat1c
      Most of you I guess have some job or are students. If I play 4-5 tables NL BSS 15K hands/month takes many hours. I look like an addict if I spend so much. But the look is different topic. I think is it worth to spend that much hours? I am a 4th grade student and I start thinking maybe I should spend more time for studying computer science instead of studying and playing poker, because I will have to search for a job one day and that day is coming :( And one more problem is if I would like to play lets say 2K hands in a month for fun, I must remember all the material I have learned so I could play my A game (I haven't played poker since august 17 I guess.) Is it worth to play 2K hands a month? Or better forget poker until I will have time for at least 10K hands a month?
  • 3 replies
    • Cpwpoker
      4 tables x 50 hand/h x 30 days = 6000 hands.

If you play 1 hour a day during your recreation time this might do the job :D !

But the problem is gambling addiction even if you are playing for fun for your case we will call it gaming addiction ^_^!

Just be strict!!!!

Make a planning.

During some hours - revising working on school then between two session of revision/working you can play 30 min of poker.And do this twice 1 hour of poker a day.

But you must be strict and have discipline and not succumb to temptation which tell you to play more.

I'm not a poker pro - i'm trying to become one so i play 16 table a day playing 6k hand a day.

My day go like this -

Wake up eating then poker for 2 hours then i will stop and do sport.1h to 3h sport depending on my condition.

Then i take a bath i take dinner then play poker for 3-4 hours.Then i watch movies until my bed time ^_^!

Lol but i have courses on monday and tuesday so these day i play less or don't watch movies.

Just make a planning.If you don't have time for poker even with a strict planning just give up on it until you finish your studies.

If poker can't feed you make studies priority.
    • gavinonymous
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Is it worth to play 2K hands a month? Or better forget poker until I will have time for at least 10K hands a month?
      2k hands a month would be about right if I played only live poker, so I say sure, any poker is better than none and losing your skills/edge, falling behind.

Also, IMO
      playing a lot for fun, and losing = addict,
      playing a lot for real and winning = success

I have a science degree, a business a gf, and hobbies besides poker - I say don't worry about the volume, it shouldn't be the main concern of your game.

If you focus on improving your game, making correct decisions, and eliminating mistakes every time you play you'll find out how much volume is right for each session. For me it's 2-3 hours a day, about 5 days a week, maybe 15k hands/month including tourneys. Some days no poker, others 5hours - it just depends how I feel. Why put in x,000 hands of poker when you know you won't be playing your best (e.g. drunk, tired, tilted?)

This site gave me a solid strategy and method to be successful at poker, and it certainly works. We were given at least $50 to try it and tons of free material coachings hand evals at our disposal. I think it's only fair that we make good use of these and make large $$profits$$ from the fish and donkeys.

good luck at the tables =)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      Ok, I am thinking about planning my time and I guess I will play maybe 1 hour a day.

Thanks for the answers :)