[NL2-NL10] NL25 TT - Two over cards and two opponents on flop

• Spidey1978
      Spidey1978
      Bronze
      Basic strategy says I should check/fold here as more than 1 opponent and I don't have an overpair, correct?

Both opponents checked and I sensed weakness so went for it. Foolish or good play?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $15.50
      MP1:
      $11.97
      MP2:
      $16.60
      Hero:
      $4.65

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , T:heart:
      UTG2 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $1.50, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($5.85) A:heart: , K:heart: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero raises $2.90 (All-In), 2 folds.

Final Pot: $8.75
  • 7 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Just by the title we can tell it's a check/fold ;) You have trash on the flop and against 2 opp we don't cbet with nothing.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Even when we have so little stack left?

I think in this hand it's best to go all in preflop. Your hand is very strong against limping ranges and you don't want a multiway pot with it, s just go all in preflop. You can do that most of the time with you normal raising range if there are 3 or more limpers and your stack isn't too many BB.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      oh yeah, a oush pre-flop is definitely better. But if you get to this flop, I don't really like to push against 2 with AK on the board.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Spidey1978,

with 18.5BB stack left I would as well prefer to push preflop when there are 3+ limpers before you.

As played, c/f all the way and hope for free showdown, you will be too often way behind on such a flop even if you have barely half pot left on the flop.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Spidey1978
      Spidey1978
      Bronze
      Cool thanks for the info guys - what hands would you push preflop here with TT+, AQ+ or looser i.e any hand I would normally raise with in this position?

And would you just raise normally if only 2 limpers? Also, would you just raise with 20BB stack?

Thanks again for your help guys - still learning.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I would push all the hands with 3+ limpers I usually raise here, the weaker and stronger ones. I would do it with almost any stack up to 20 blinds. When I'm out of position and my stack is smaller (under 17bb for example) I would push even against 2 limpers. When my stack is 15bb or less I almost alway push directly even if it doesn't happen a lot because I rebuy sooner.

The nice thing with the push is that a lot of times you will collect money directly and many times fish will call you with really terrible hands to keep you honest. Just don't do that against very passive opponents as they tend to limp AQ/AK and such. If you se a 22/12 player and 1,2 loose callers, you can push very loose very profitably.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Spidey1978
      Cool thanks for the info guys - what hands would you push preflop here with TT+, AQ+ or looser i.e any hand I would normally raise with in this position?

And would you just raise normally if only 2 limpers? Also, would you just raise with 20BB stack?

Thanks again for your help guys - still learning.
      You can safely push here with any hand that is in SHC thus you would ordinarily raise with. You could get even looser, but I think for NL25 playing mostly basic SSS is the best.

With only two limpers I prefer to just raise as you would still have potsize on the flop left and you will be in position, however out of position(in the blinds) pushing preflop would probably better as you would be commited to go broke on any flop.