Limping range for EP

• Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      I would just like to get an idea of what is playable from UTG and UTG+1. I read that you never raise from these spots (even with AAKKds/AAJTds ?), but you do sometimes limp right? I played in a FR SNG and I folded AQJ9ds from UTG although I thought it was a good hand. All this talk about how crucial position is in PLO got me a little paranoid about playing anything out of position,...
  • 4 replies
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jeero
      I would just like to get an idea of what is playable from UTG and UTG+1. I read that you never raise from these spots (even with AAKKds/AAJTds ?), but you do sometimes limp right? I played in a FR SNG and I folded AQJ9ds from UTG although I thought it was a good hand. All this talk about how crucial position is in PLO got me a little paranoid about playing anything out of position,...
      Origional post deleted...didnt see this wasn't in NL. sorry :s_cry:
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      AQJ9ds is trash in FR from UTG. Two gappers and one nut flush draw. Let's say you limp and get raised. Do you call and play OOP? What are you expecting to hit? If you hit nut flush, you will hardly extract any value out of it (being OOP).

Playing in UTG with marginal hands usually results in:

- limp/fold;
      - limp/call, then check/fold;

Nobody is forcing you to play from UTG. Wait for the better spot. I'd only play hands like AAxx and rundowns from UTG FR. AQJ9 ds should be folded. Just my thoughts. (And it's not even a tight fold in my book).
    • Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      Thanks for the input! That's exactly the advice I was looking for.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      Depends on the table. Aggressive tables you should fold more, especially if they are aggressive postflop. Passive tables you can play more OOP, to the point that in table where people only bet the nuts (and rarely even that) you can play any hand at any position.

I generally limp big pocket pairs, raise doublesuited pocket pairs and good aces from UTG, as well as occasional broadway hand and wraps. Hands that have good potential to hit the flop hard and make the play easy postflop, those are the hands you should be playing OOP.

And I'm talking about shorthanded here, though the first paragraph still applies. :)