I think I pissed off the poker gods!

• GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Ok, so I know that I should expect downswings but I thought I would post here to distract me and stop me from losing even more. Over the last 2 days I have lost about $1K and it's starting to really piss me off. I'm pretty sure I'm playing good poker ($30 super turbos on FT) but I just can't win a hand. No matter how far ahead I am preflop I keep getting sucked out, and I swear the software trys to make the bad beats as aggrivating as possible. For example KK gets called by AJ, boad comes Kxx T Q. Why?!! Why not give him the A on the flop and put me out of my misery, it's not like I expected to win the hand anyway. AAAAAAHHHHH!!! sooo pissed off. The only thing I can take out of this is that my game rate has gone up since losing games take less time so I should get extra rakeback. Yay that should cover one extra BI. Think it's time for a break. End Rant.
  • 6 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GunFlavoured
      Think it's time for a break. End Rant.
      +1
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      My advice would be take that break and when u come back drop down a limit. I've been getting a thrashing on my regulars SnG limit since late July. I took a few breaks in between, dropped down a limit and still whenever I go back to the 16$Turbos on stars I'm having so many suckouts it's not even funny anymore.

Mix ur game up with another variety just so u keep the interest factor up and drop down a limit so ur bankroll won't dwindle so fast ... and hope for the best ...
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Originally posted by Atoks
      My advice would be take that break and when u come back drop down a limit. I've been getting a thrashing on my regulars SnG limit since late July. I took a few breaks in between, dropped down a limit and still whenever I go back to the 16$Turbos on stars I'm having so many suckouts it's not even funny anymore.

Mix ur game up with another variety just so u keep the interest factor up and drop down a limit so ur bankroll won't dwindle so fast ... and hope for the best ...
      The $16s are haunted, no way to beat them :f_cry:

lol i'm like 40 bi down in 250 games.
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      to GunFlavoured

if you play super turbo you shold know it has the most varience in poker
      so i think you need to know and handle with this downswing
      and know they are comeback in the future to if you keep play this Super turbos
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by advola
      to GunFlavoured

if you play super turbo you shold know it has the most varience in poker
      so i think you need to know and handle with this downswing
      and know they are comeback in the future to if you keep play this Super turbos
      Yeah I know, varience is a bitch. I've had a similar downswing before followed by a $1.5K upswing so I did kind of expect it to happen again at some stage. I think I'll just keep grinding them out and eventually see good results. I think each downswing I go through I cope a little bit better knowing that I will win the money back in the long run.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Update: After several more hours of grinding I have recovered my downswing with interest. Just wanted to post this to encourage people to stick at it and if they are better than their opponents the money will always come back. I think I'm probably due for another big downswing now lol. The graph below is from sharkscope so I'm not sure how reliable it is but it shows the swings nicely.