$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

MP3 = ($20.42)
      CO = ($10.97)
      BU(Hero) = ($11.81)
      SB = ($10.00)
      BB = ($12.02)
      MP2 = ($9.11)

Preflop: Hero is BU with J :heart: , 7 :spade: .
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 7 :heart: , 8 :club: , J :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.41, BB calls $0.41.

Turn: ($1.47) K :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.04, BB calls $1.04.

River: ($3.55) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      BB raises to $10.27(All-In).

Final Pot: $13.82.

The guy is a fish with stats 65 VpIp/5 Pfr over 22 hands
      I allready played a couple of pots with him where he payed me off with no hand. I actually did call his river bet. What do you think about preflop aswell as flop, turn and river play? i am a comfortable post flop player and i wanted to play against the fish therefore i raised with J7o on the BU.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you feel like you can play the hand profitably since he'll call bets with overcards or even air postflop it's fine, you can make decent top pairs/rare straights and outplay him with position.

Flop and turn are obviously fine. I'd probably fold the river, it's very easy for him to have Tx after peeling both previous streets, and 65/5 players are usually the passive calling station type, so when they decide to overbet shove a river card that makes a 4-straight on board, getting out of the way is probably the best choice. I just don't think he'd get excited with worse two pairs or less, if you've seen him spazz shove Kx in that spot before or something similar then calling isn't that bad either.

Hope it helps.