[NL2-NL10] SH AJo

• shivas80
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.07, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.15) T, A, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, CO raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.63) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($0.63) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, CO raises to $1.11, Hero calls $0.81.

Final Pot: $2.71.

Guess that river bet is wrong?
  • 4 replies
    • MathhNes
      I must say i think this is realy bad play. First of all i think you should 3 bet with AJo pre against a CO open raise since you are out of position. You CAN bet on the flop and if you do so i think 10-13c are better but i actually prefer C/C, Lead turn ½ pot and fold to a raise. If he calls your turn bet make a blocking bet of 1/3 pot and fold to a big raise that is my line i think.
    • elco49
      My line is c/c every street.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I don't mind the flat preflop, you'll keep dominated hands in the pot and if CO is opening a lot he'll likely at least c-bet the boards you hit.

Which is why i'm check/calling the flop and check/calling the turn to let him bluff or valuebet worse Ax hands. If he checks behind the turn i'm valuebetting the river, he could be pot-controlling some Ax hands or just not believe you, make it cheapish but still decent to entice call while avoiding bluff raises, like 1/2 pot.

As played when he indeed does raise, his hand is pretty much always bluffs/Tx or something else he decided to slowplay. Since you actually made a very weak bet it's not unreasonable to think he could be bluffing, so calling is okayish, folding is fine too.

Hope it helps.
    • shivas80
      thx for evaluating...

result is... he shows 99 and I scoop the pot.