This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SH AJo

• shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.33
      BU:
      $0.34
      SB:
      $2.94
      BB(Hero):
      $1.28
      MP2:
      $3.12
      MP3:
      $2.12

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.07, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.15) T, A, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, CO raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.63) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($0.63) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, CO raises to $1.11, Hero calls $0.81.

Final Pot: $2.71.

Guess that river bet is wrong?
  • 4 replies
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Gold
      I must say i think this is realy bad play. First of all i think you should 3 bet with AJo pre against a CO open raise since you are out of position. You CAN bet on the flop and if you do so i think 10-13c are better but i actually prefer C/C, Lead turn ½ pot and fold to a raise. If he calls your turn bet make a blocking bet of 1/3 pot and fold to a big raise that is my line i think.
    • elco49
      elco49
      Bronze
      My line is c/c every street.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't mind the flat preflop, you'll keep dominated hands in the pot and if CO is opening a lot he'll likely at least c-bet the boards you hit.

Which is why i'm check/calling the flop and check/calling the turn to let him bluff or valuebet worse Ax hands. If he checks behind the turn i'm valuebetting the river, he could be pot-controlling some Ax hands or just not believe you, make it cheapish but still decent to entice call while avoiding bluff raises, like 1/2 pot.

As played when he indeed does raise, his hand is pretty much always bluffs/Tx or something else he decided to slowplay. Since you actually made a very weak bet it's not unreasonable to think he could be bluffing, so calling is okayish, folding is fine too.

Hope it helps.
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      thx for evaluating...

result is... he shows 99 and I scoop the pot.