This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

points and rakeback and tournaments

• excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      ok kudos to whoever answers this question (looking your way bart)

say you register to a forthcoming tournament using points instead of real money (as the cost of entry in rakeback is less than the actual entry itself). well i did register anyway, it isnt hypothetical.

when will i see my rakeback being affected?

if i registered on Wednesday, will it be the Friday two days later? will it be taken into account for the rakeback week i am on and therefore deducted NEXT Friday? will it be the friday after the tournament has taken place?

ftp wont answer me as they claim that any rakeback agreement i have should be resolved and queried with my affiliate.

and i am feeling particularly affiliated with pokerstrategy.com :D
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      lol Hi George,

Well I'm not 100% sure, but my guess would be that it will affect the following weeks rakeback (i.e. not the Friday 2 days later but the following one) as rakeback is generally earnt from Tuesday through to Monday and then paid 4 days later on the Friday.

It's only a calculated guess though my friend, so can't really claim much kudos for that this time around :D

Would be happy for anyone to confirm or correct this if they've had personal experience of it ?(

Best regards,

Bart
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      now it has more significance as last night i unregistered from the mini series.

now what?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      now it has more significance as last night i unregistered from the mini series.

now what?
      I'm guessing you received $T back instead of the original points that you used to register to the tourney?

If so, then you've still effectively spent those points on the entry/T$ so would still be deducted according to how many points you spent & we assume according to when you spent them.

You wouldn't however be charged a 2nd time when you use the $T. You only get charged once.

If, for some strange reason you received your original points back again, then I would expect them to reimburse your rakeback balance, but might take a week or two depending on when you unreg.

Hope this makes sense, if not shout.

Best regards,

Bart