points and rakeback and tournaments

• excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      ok kudos to whoever answers this question (looking your way bart)

say you register to a forthcoming tournament using points instead of real money (as the cost of entry in rakeback is less than the actual entry itself). well i did register anyway, it isnt hypothetical.

when will i see my rakeback being affected?

if i registered on Wednesday, will it be the Friday two days later? will it be taken into account for the rakeback week i am on and therefore deducted NEXT Friday? will it be the friday after the tournament has taken place?

ftp wont answer me as they claim that any rakeback agreement i have should be resolved and queried with my affiliate.

and i am feeling particularly affiliated with pokerstrategy.com :D
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      lol Hi George,

Well I'm not 100% sure, but my guess would be that it will affect the following weeks rakeback (i.e. not the Friday 2 days later but the following one) as rakeback is generally earnt from Tuesday through to Monday and then paid 4 days later on the Friday.

It's only a calculated guess though my friend, so can't really claim much kudos for that this time around :D

Would be happy for anyone to confirm or correct this if they've had personal experience of it ?(

Best regards,

Bart
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      now it has more significance as last night i unregistered from the mini series.

now what?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      now it has more significance as last night i unregistered from the mini series.

now what?
      I'm guessing you received $T back instead of the original points that you used to register to the tourney?

If so, then you've still effectively spent those points on the entry/T$ so would still be deducted according to how many points you spent & we assume according to when you spent them.

You wouldn't however be charged a 2nd time when you use the $T. You only get charged once.

If, for some strange reason you received your original points back again, then I would expect them to reimburse your rakeback balance, but might take a week or two depending on when you unreg.

Hope this makes sense, if not shout.

Best regards,

Bart