This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 TT BU 36bb stack against CO raise

• MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $68.53

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:club: , T:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $2.00, 3 folds.

I had just doubled up after finding KK on BB, on the button I find TT against open raise from CO, player in CO I have played many hands against (reinstalled windows forgetting to backup hand historys yesterday, so sample size shown is small). CO is a solid player with a semi-tight steal range, but has a large pfr as he raises most pocket pairs from any position.

If I had raised here the CO would have either re-raised or folded, I dont expect a call, so I either win or know my hand is no good.

I folded and instantly regretted the desicion.

Would like to hear an opinion on this situation.
      Thanks.
  • 2 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I don't see a problem with restealing here, even if he 4 bets you as tight as TT+, AQ+ you'll get 40% equity which should be about enough for you to go broke even with a double stack I think.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey MickeyH,

it's ok to fold in such situations when you're not completely sure, it's always better to make a bad fold than a bad call/shove.

However, your TT is by far ahead against his CO openrange, so just 3-bet to 6$ and go broke if he 4-bets even with double stack. Or you could even consider shoving directly, but I prefer to raise him 3x.

Regards,
      burek2000