[NL2-NL10] NL50 TT BU 36bb stack against CO raise

• MikeyH
      Known players:

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:club: , T:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $2.00, 3 folds.

I had just doubled up after finding KK on BB, on the button I find TT against open raise from CO, player in CO I have played many hands against (reinstalled windows forgetting to backup hand historys yesterday, so sample size shown is small). CO is a solid player with a semi-tight steal range, but has a large pfr as he raises most pocket pairs from any position.

If I had raised here the CO would have either re-raised or folded, I dont expect a call, so I either win or know my hand is no good.

I folded and instantly regretted the desicion.

Would like to hear an opinion on this situation.
  • 2 replies
    • dandycal
      I don't see a problem with restealing here, even if he 4 bets you as tight as TT+, AQ+ you'll get 40% equity which should be about enough for you to go broke even with a double stack I think.
    • burek2000
      Hey MickeyH,

it's ok to fold in such situations when you're not completely sure, it's always better to make a bad fold than a bad call/shove.

However, your TT is by far ahead against his CO openrange, so just 3-bet to 6$ and go broke if he 4-bets even with double stack. Or you could even consider shoving directly, but I prefer to raise him 3x.