[NL20-NL50] nl 25 overpair + flushdraw

• looserbaby79
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, CO folds, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 7, 6, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.93, BU calls $1.93.

Turn: ($6.21) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.42, BU raises to $8.84, Hero calls $4.42.

River: ($23.89) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $23.89.

hi all,
      turn - i am not sure if push or just call is the best - i put my opponent to queen or flush - flushdraw - so i decide my hand is too strong and i give free card to induce another barrel from my opponent on river.
      is this line ok or is better to just push it.
      thx for advice
  • 2 replies
    • Strodyn
      I think your turn call is good...pointless pushing when you are either behind or opponent will fold if his reraise was a bluff for the flush.

I would of definitely of bet the river though, maybe 10$, about half his stack left i think.

If he had a flush, either on turn or now, he knows it is not the nut, but would sometimes call with a lower flush for 10$ into that pot.

I doubt he likely to bet out with either a lower flush or nothing though following a check, as likely to be a trap considering you called his reraise.

Had you missed the river flush, then I would of still bet anyway the same amount, and folded to a reraise.

This is all probably very wrong so hopefully an expert can advise something different...is just how I would of played it :)

edit - I wrote all above and then realised that he could quite easy also have a straight on turn or flop, so maybe betting river is not such good value as possibly if you miss the flush on the river you are too often behind to either flush or straight.........however surely this would be a tell if you changed depending on if you hit or not? This is where I really struggle to understand how to play and which way gives best value.

Good hand...am looking forward to an expert response.
    • Kaitz20
      I´d also bet river for value, since it goes too many times c/c
      I think b/c turn is fine. he might make some kind of move on the turn and you get odds to hit flush