This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10- another beat down

• feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      How to play here? I thought I gave improper implied odds to call with my raise preflop. Because of that, I put him on a flush draw. Is this a bad way to stack off? No stats on here but he was deep stacked (400bb)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $4.00
      SB:
      $5.45
      BB:
      $2.81
      MP2:
      $16.14
      MP3(Hero):
      $6.11
      CO:
      $2.74

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP2 raises to $0.13, Hero raises to $0.46, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.33.

Flop: ($0.99) 5, 3, T (3 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.80, MP2 raises to $2.20, Hero raises to $4.85, MP2 calls $3.45.

Turn: ($12.29) 9 (3 players)

River: ($12.29) 4 (3 players)

Final Pot: $12.29.
      Results follow:

MP2 shows three of a kind, tens(T T).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(K K).

MP2 wins with three of a kind, tens(T T).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Being deepstacked alone doesn't tell you much, except he's more likely to be either a decent player running good or a total lunatic with a little angel on his shoulder.

I would probably bet smaller on the flop, it's a 3bet pot and getting the money in in 3 streets is gonna be easy, no need to scare away the weaker hands that might call us.

As played when he raises your strong c-bet it sucks somewhat, but since QQ-JJ are just as likely has TT and he's not that likely that have called with 55/33 preflop and he'll have some Tx sometimes if he's aggro, felting KK in that spot against an unknown is almost mandatory. NH overall.

Hope it helps.