$5.16
      BU:
      $1.80
      SB:
      $7.11
      BB:
      $4.90

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      MP1 calls $0.05, MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.97) 3, Q, 8 (5 players)
      MP1 checks, MP2 bets $0.97, Hero raises to $2.00, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.03.

Turn: ($4.97) 4 (4 players)
      MP2 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($5.97) J (4 players)
      MP2 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $6.97.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(Kc Kd).

MP2 shows two pairs, queens and threes(3h Qh).

MP2 wins with two pairs, queens and threes(3h Qh).

His bet on turns looks like he was afraid of my possible draw, but I have to admit that I still don't fell confortable bluffing turn on this spot. It seems to me that fishes just don't fold (even if they have low pairs).
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It mostly depends on whether you think he might pot a top pair and/or a flushdraw on that flop, in which case raising bigger and calling a shove is the way too.

If you don't think he would, then it's likely you KK isn't that good against his range there to begin with so raising small doesn't make much sense, calling him down to let him bluff if that's what he's doing is a better line imo.

In case i know absolutely nothing about him and his tendencies, i'd still raise/call the flop to about $2.8 at nl5 and expect to see worse hands often enough.

On the turn i think you're right about him being scared, but that doesn't mean he's ready to fold whatever he has yet, so same thing, if you think he could play a top pair like that i'd still shove, if not i'd call down although we're not supposed to have raised the flop in that case.

Hope it helps.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Well played, forget about it and move on.

It happens way to often, bad players call with trash and hit.