[NL20-NL50] 25NL nice spot to take it down or retarded river bluff?

• DaPhunk
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 271265
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $28.75
      UTG+2: $28.15
      MP1: $25.00
      MP2: $14.35
      CO: $42.45
      Hero (BTN): $85.60
      SB: $19.55
      BB: $33.00
      UTG: $25.00

MP1 posts a big blind ($0.25)

Pre Flop: ($0.60) Hero is BTN with J :heart: K :heart:
      3 folds, MP1 checks, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.35) Q :club: A :diamond: 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.25, Hero raises to $2, MP1 calls $1.75

Turn: ($6.35) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.35) 3 :club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $6.00, MP1 calls $6

Opponent is in general quite loose but I only have 10 to 20 hands on him. I guess he's 30/10 or something but not really thinking about which 30% of his range he plays. Possibly looser.

On flop after he calls my raise I decide he has a strong hand as thats what I think a mindonk call can often indicate. I also think he can be making an odd play with a pair of Queens here or a draw, mainly strong hands though.

However after he checks turn and river I then think to myself "oh his range can't have been that strong after all, He would have bet turn and/or River with the strong part of his range to get Value as he knows I'm not that often betting with a weak value hand here that he beats He should also not be scared of the straight either as that shouldn't be in my range very often. I now think his range is skewed towards busted draws, Qx and possibly some Weakish Aces (A6,A7,A8) that can't stand further action. I decide I can make him fold a good 70-80% of his range here at minimum by betting $5 or $6 to take it down"

Yes he can think I would have bet an Ace for example on the turn and the only hand I am now repping on river is 67 or 22 and only occasionally tricky played Aces for example but then again, I doubt he thinks about what I'm repping here, but just looks at his own cards to notice they can't stand the heat.
  • 2 replies
    • maya1984
      The second option... :)
      You made me lough... Do you think this fish is thinking about your thoughts? :D
      He is on pure level1, thinking is his cards only.
      common microstakes fish doesn't awere to the fold button. It's really ev- to bluff those guys.
      He will look you up here with Ax hands and even Qx.
      Only possible hands he will fold are busted FD and you can bet much less to make him fold those hands...
      And why are you so eager to win this small pot anyway!? ?(
    • Kaitz20
      you bet the draws, so you can take your free showdown
      I´d check back river, since likely he isn´t going to c/f often enough