[NL2-NL10] FR NL5 A9o

• Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:club: , A:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BB folds, MP3 raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) 9:heart: , Q:diamond: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0.95) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP3 raises to $1.40, Hero raises to $4.55 (All-In), MP3 calls $3.15.

River: ($10.05) 8:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.05

I think this is pretty standart (not sure tho). What is best line on the flop? check/raise or donk into minraiser? Do I want to push on the turn for value and protection?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If that player is playing weird preflop and doing limp/reraising all over the place for no reason preflop is fine. If it's his first time doing something like that you're probably better off just folding to avoid getting into bad reverse implied odds situations, A9o will very seldom flop strong enough for you to feel confident in your hand.

Fortunately that's one of those situations where you flop the world with trips 9. Check/raising is the standard line. When he checks behind you don't have much of a choice but to try and get some money in yourself hoping he's slowplaying KK+ or AQ for some reason.

I'd also shove over his minraise, i don't think he's folding anything he minraised unless it's a bluff, and being out of position we can't really give him another opportunity to bluff without risking him checking behind the river, which would be disastrous. Also the river is never gonna be good for our hand, at worse it will give him the best hand, at best it might just scare him into not paying us off.

Hope it helps.