I need some starting help and tips

• Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      Ok guys, i have few questions before I start my poker carrier, hopefully a succesful one. :)

I am a member of this site, for a month or two, and am astonished about the things I found here. I know that i have a lot to learn, but I'm very confident that with a lot of work I can make good money out of poker, which we all want and hope thanks to PS.

I received the starting capital, just a few days after I registered on this site, but after week or two it was all gone. I know I haven't play well, didn't quite stick to the BRM and to SSS, but after a month of re-reading the articles, I think i'm ready to make my deposit and start making some money.

But before I do, i need some answers if anyone would like to help.

1. I received my starting capital on Titan, but I want to make my deposit on PokerStars and to play there. But I already have a real money account there. My question is... what should i do and is it possible to deposit money on Stars and still be connected to PokerStrategy and receive strategy points and access to the articles.
      2. How can I get a rakeback deal? Should i enter some bonus code so I can receive rakeback? How does it work?
      3. I don't know if I should be asking this but... If I deposit 50$, play the SSS around 3-4 hours a day on 5 tables... How much of an income can I expect the first few months so I can tell that I am making some progress.

Thanks in advance, and if you have some starting tips for me, please be free to share them.
  • 3 replies
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      1. As far as getting your Pokerstars account connected, I believe it is still possible with an email to the staff asking them to link up your account. I did this by writing them an email asking them to do this and telling them that since I am a member of PS.com, it would be pointless for me to play at their site without this connection. They replied by telling me that they had done it, so I went back to PS.com and followed the instructions. If you look at my profile, only Fulltilt shows up as the site I play on, but I play at Pokerstars.

Now I say "I believe" this is all you have to do, because I did this over a year ago and have since read that it Stars does not do this anymore, so I don't want to guarantee anything. But it is worth a try, so I recommend familiarizing yourself with the process as if you have not already signed up for an account and then start with an email to Pokerstars and ask them to help you with anything that is getting in your way.

2. When I signed up with Fulltilt through PS.com, the rake back happened automatically once I started playing. It depends on the sites and the deal that is offered.

3. I know very little about SSS and the expected winrate. I have read about a few players sticking to this for the longterm, but I believe it is mostly meant to ease you into the concepts of NL Cash BSS while making you some money at the same time. Which means any income is good. As a beginner, I wouldn't try to estimate your income just yet. If you really have to, though, play for a month or 2 (while studying and improving) and look back, figure out the average daily or weekly income and that can be your starting point for figuring out your expected income. But this will increase as you improve.

The best thing to do though is to not focus on the income and the playing, but the studying and improving. Use playing as a way to reinforce what you study, not study to reinforce your playing. The money will just happen.
    • Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      Originally posted by strat9
      1. As far as getting your Pokerstars account connected, I believe it is still possible with an email to the staff asking them to link up your account. I did this by writing them an email asking them to do this and telling them that since I am a member of PS.com, it would be pointless for me to play at their site without this connection. They replied by telling me that they had done it, so I went back to PS.com and followed the instructions. If you look at my profile, only Fulltilt shows up as the site I play on, but I play at Pokerstars.

Now I say "I believe" this is all you have to do, because I did this over a year ago and have since read that it Stars does not do this anymore, so I don't want to guarantee anything. But it is worth a try, so I recommend familiarizing yourself with the process as if you have not already signed up for an account and then start with an email to Pokerstars and ask them to help you with anything that is getting in your way.
      I'll do that. Thanks for the info, i don't see why they won't grant me this request. In the meantime i deposit some money on titan and i'm going to try my "luck" there.

2. When I signed up with Fulltilt through PS.com, the rake back happened automatically once I started playing. It depends on the sites and the deal that is offered.
      Aha, so if there is a rakeback the site itself will offer it to you. I contacted the Titan support and she said that they don't have rakeback promotion. But they convert points for money, 600 for 5$ or something like that.

3. I know very little about SSS and the expected winrate. I have read about a few players sticking to this for the longterm, but I believe it is mostly meant to ease you into the concepts of NL Cash BSS while making you some money at the same time. Which means any income is good. As a beginner, I wouldn't try to estimate your income just yet. If you really have to, though, play for a month or 2 (while studying and improving) and look back, figure out the average daily or weekly income and that can be your starting point for figuring out your expected income. But this will increase as you improve.

The best thing to do though is to not focus on the income and the playing, but the studying and improving. Use playing as a way to reinforce what you study, not study to reinforce your playing. The money will just happen.
      Well put my friend. And i do know that you have to pay the learning tax. But may I ask you this... How long have you been here, how long did it take to reach platinum? How many hours you play, and what is your monthly income now, if it's no secret. :)
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello Falco84,

1)You can try what strat9 said but i must warn that its very rare that they allow retracking. You can however deposit on other PokerStrategy linked sites, a list of which can be found here --> http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/

2)PokerStrategy offers rakeback on Full Tilt, Poker Heaven, Inter Poker, BetfairPoker and Cake Poker. Check the link above for instructions of how to recieve rakeback.

3)SSS usually gives very small winrates as there can be quite a bit of variance. Anything positive is good.

Best of luck and hope to see you around,

Best Regards,

-Jack