[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR QQ - flopped full house

• dlrec
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      MP3 posts deadblind, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.30, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 6, Q, 6 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.55) A (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80.

River: ($3.15) A (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2.50(All-In), Hero calls $2.50.

Final Pot: $8.15.

It was his first hand at the table, so at the time i had no info about him.

My stats during the session:
      93 hands / VP: 16 / PF: 8 / Af: 1.5
      VP was a bit smaller than the usual 20. Was able to steal some blinds, 3bet a couple of times and reraise on the flop with nothing to steal some pots.

His c-bet seemed normal.
      My thoughts
      - he has an overpair, so if i reraise he gets scared with the 6's and folds or the money goes all-in
      - he made trips, so if i reraise and both stacks go to the pot
      - he's trying to steal the pot, so if i reraise he just folds

To try to get the maximum i just call his bet's in order to reraise him on the river.

Should i reraise him preflop?
      Should i push on the turn?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

If he just joined the table your stats are irrelevant he doesn't have them, we appreciate the effort you put into your post tho, being exhaustive with available information is always a good thing. Also i don't know why you only have 40bb but unless you're playing sss and just doubled up (in which case you wouldn't post in this forum), please rebuy to 100bb.

You should definitely 3bet him preflop with QQ, he could have anything on his first hand when he raises from the MP3 after posting oop and your life is gonna be hard on any board with a K or an A. Plus if he's bad he'll still call the 3bet with worse hands and you get to play a bigger pot in position with a very good hand, which is your goal in this game.

As played i don't mind just calling the flop since you have the deck totally crushed and nothing can realistically hurt you. I'd probably raise the turn to get the money in as if he somehow hit the A he isn't folding it, but given the 40bb stack calling to let him shove the river isn't bad either. We're obviously not folding to the shove, too bad you got brutally sucked out on.

Hope it helps.