Losing in the early 300-500 hands, need advice

• EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      Hi there.
      i play BSS. started with 20$ and rolled up to about 390$ (including bonuses) in a month playing by the BRM. and now i'm on NL10

Now my problem is that past few days/weeks i noticed that at the beginning of my ssession (4-6 tabeling) i lose about at least 2 buy ins and then if i have played about 1000 hands i make it even.
      so my daily profit has been only few dollars, coz i tend to lose a lot at the beginning when i start playing.

u can see the it when u look the right side of the table, starting from 24000 hands.

am i the only one who has this problem??
  • 5 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I have the same problem sometimes.
      not so much as 2 BIs.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      You might want to give unknown players credit before stacking off with top pair
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      You might want to give unknown players credit before stacking off with top pair
      +1

Remember if ever there is any dought in your head...The worst thig you can do is call.

Although you shouldnt make a habbit of it its ok to sometimes fold to best hand. Minimizzing your loses is just as important as maximizing your gains, both are just as important as each other when it comes to your win rate...Just be carefull not to become a passive player though! Because that will destroey you.

Another problem i notice is your thinkig about the $$$ when your playing...you shouldnt do this...$$$ is just the tool we have to work with. Think of it as number of BB or simpler still digits on a screen that represent out "Score". If you lose alot eairley forget about it. Its in the past and has no rellavance to the hand you are now playing or hands to come.
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      thanks. seems that i realy have to take my mind off the $$.
    • RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze
      Seems like you need to get your head into the game first before you play.

I like to review all my big winning/losing hands before a session. Gets my mind right.

And i get to check again if i should have seen it coming when i lose a big hand :D