This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG observation

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hey friends.
      I ve been member of this site for about months or so and my game improved drasticly.
      I mainly play microstakes SNG, today I played 15 tournaments and noticed pretty interasting thing, that sort of bothers me.
      When I play Single table toruanament I very often finnish in the bubble and win also.
      For isntance today I played 10 SingleTable SNGs buyin 1+0.20$ and 1 SingleTable SNG 3$buyin and statstics are :

3$ SNG : finnished 1place
      1$+0.20$ buyin:

2x 1 place
      2x 2place
      3x3 place

Not bad, but I also played 3 MultiTable torunaments of 45 people, and despite the fact that I played those by same chart, same rules and very tight I finnish those at very low places.
      It happened to me before, so its not the first time I dont collect money with those MTT.
      Do you have any advices, how to play those tourmanets, or any comment that could help me whatsoever?

Regards
  • 2 replies
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Well i think its kinda obvious that more players means more variance.

The "tactics" are the same.
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      as MrPavlos said before me more variance, so i think you have to play tighter in the beginning and save your chips, as it says in all the poker books - just survive, and wait for your opponents to bust themselves out. when the blinds get really high you play a decent push or fold game, you make a double up or you bust out.