Which pokerroom...

• FalchettiMK
      FalchettiMK
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'm playing nl fr micro limits now (before - sss) on PartyPoker. I've just released starting bankroll and i'm thinking about changing this room to another. Why? I think that there is too much tight players which is bad thing for new player. But i haven't got too much expirence on this poker room, so tell mi if i'm wrong about it ;-)

Unfortunately i've got accounts not linked to PS on FTP, P*, Everest and Titan (freerolls and other bad decision in the past) and i need to acheve PS points. So there isn't too much pokerrooms to choose. Can you tell me, which one will be good for micro limits bss fr (in future sh) for me by now? I was thinking about bwin, but as i read software is terrible...

Thank you.

p.s.

sorry for my english ;-)
  • 13 replies
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      You can try Mansion poker.

There rewards is nice for high volume player and it is on ipoker network as you are used to Titan poker you will know the level of player there.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      +1

or you could try Stars.........lots of players = lots of fishies
    • FalchettiMK
      FalchettiMK
      Bronze
      Read again my post andyb43 ;-)

Cpwpoker, thank you for opinion. Any other?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello FalchettiMK,

You can look at a list of pokerrooms with some reviews here -->http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/

Best Regards,

-Jack
    • FalchettiMK
      FalchettiMK
      Bronze
      Well, yeah, i know that. I've chose PartyPoker according to theese reviews and i'm disappointed and agry at myself, that i didn't go to forum before that decision ;-).

F.
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      Falch, the rooms are not what you want to change, Ipoker is tight, partypoker is semi tight, american allowed sites are loose as hell. If you're beginning, and playing lowest levels, NL5$-NL10$, I suggest an american allowed site and be prepared to gamble.
      Having someone suggest you a site is like being told what's good on the menu, we are all different. I myself keep coming back to the ipoker network, they fit my style and personality, I do well there. Learning to exploit Taggs and Laggs is what you need to do. There are maniacs and sharks on every site. Play the right hands, the right positions, the right opponents, the right tables, the right hours of the day, the right limits to your BR and your experience.
      I have tried many sites, some over and over again, took me nearly a year to return to ipoker after checking out many and do mean, many rooms b4 findind way to profitability.
    • FalchettiMK
      FalchettiMK
      Bronze
      I'm playing now on mansion poker, there are many TAGs too, like on PartyPoker, but not as much as on PP... so it's not so bad, and definitely better ;-). Anyway i'm thinking about comparison of iPoker and BossMedia. Where do you think, according to your expirence, there are more poor players and promotions are better (rakeback, cash bonus, etc.) for BSS FR/SH on microstakes?

Thanks in advance.

F.
    • robpettitt
      robpettitt
      Bronze
      Have had the same experience on iPoker (Titan/Ocean) it is very hard work during the daytime CET and only loosens up a bit in the evening, even at micro NL FR tables. I tend to use them only for tournaments now, they have some nice deepstack ones.

I have opened a new account with Pacific 888 and although the software is really horrible, I have found a number of very light calling stations who will pay to the river. Definitely better during the day than iPoker if you can stand the software! On that note they have been chosen by Harrah's (read WSOP) to run their online presence so I would expect a vast improvement in software, some nice WSOP tie-ins etc soon. I will stick with them for now.

Good luck!
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      I would like to warn people about Pacific Poker. They have cancelled my account, frozen my bankroll, and have been unwilling to explain how I breached any rules or abused their system.

I received a second $50 PokerStrategy starting capital to be used at the 888 pacific poker room. I was deligted to find that there were a number of soft players, but at the NL50 and NL100 tables I ended up playing against, the play was actually rather good. I cleared the 100 bonus pretty quickly, then deposited to take advantage of a first depositors bonus.

About three weeks ago, I received an email saying that "I have abused of their bonuses" and that I was no longer welcome at Pacific Poker, and that my bankroll has been frozen.

I have written three times to ask for clarification, and to ask exactly how I "abused of their bonuses". Each time they reply, saying that "I abused of their bonuses." but they do not elaborate.

Fortunately, I had just gone through a downswing (playing PLO 100 drunk....) so my bankroll was only $100 at the time, which is a small part of my total Poker action, so I'm not to worried about losing it. What really bothers me is the way they have dealt with me, and how arbitrarily they merely cut off my account.

I would caution any poker player about doing business with Pacific. I have played at Titan and Pokerstars, and have never had any trouble like this.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GrantJennings
      I would like to warn people about Pacific Poker. They have cancelled my account, frozen my bankroll, and have been unwilling to explain how I breached any rules or abused their system.

I received a second $50 PokerStrategy starting capital to be used at the 888 pacific poker room. I was deligted to find that there were a number of soft players, but at the NL50 and NL100 tables I ended up playing against, the play was actually rather good. I cleared the 100 bonus pretty quickly, then deposited to take advantage of a first depositors bonus.

About three weeks ago, I received an email saying that "I have abused of their bonuses" and that I was no longer welcome at Pacific Poker, and that my bankroll has been frozen.

I have written three times to ask for clarification, and to ask exactly how I "abused of their bonuses". Each time they reply, saying that "I abused of their bonuses." but they do not elaborate.

Fortunately, I had just gone through a downswing (playing PLO 100 drunk....) so my bankroll was only $100 at the time, which is a small part of my total Poker action, so I'm not to worried about losing it. What really bothers me is the way they have dealt with me, and how arbitrarily they merely cut off my account.

I would caution any poker player about doing business with Pacific. I have played at Titan and Pokerstars, and have never had any trouble like this.
      Hi Grant,

Sorry to hear that. Did you perhaps have a previous account with them prior to the PokerStrategy one? I'm only guessing, but that type of thing (maybe 2x new player bonuses or similar) could be a possible reason for this action.

Did they say whether your account was termporarily suspended (while investigated) or permanently frozen?

Bart
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      Hi Bart,

I had never played at Pacific prior to receiving PokerStrategy starting capital. Also, my account was permanently cancelled quite suddenly in fact. I have inquired three times for details regarding the exact bonus that I'm accused of abusing, and what behaviour of mine constitutes abuse, but each reply they send contains fewer details than the last.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GrantJennings
      Hi Bart,

I had never played at Pacific prior to receiving PokerStrategy starting capital. Also, my account was permanently cancelled quite suddenly in fact. I have inquired three times for details regarding the exact bonus that I'm accused of abusing, and what behaviour of mine constitutes abuse, but each reply they send contains fewer details than the last.
      Hi Grant,

We are actually lucky to have an 888/Pacific poker representative that occasionally looks through the Pacific thread during his free time, I've mentioned to him your problem and asked whether some details of why this has happened could be provided to you (in the following thread):

Please note that he may not be able to help and/or might not see this for a few days, but I thought it might be worth a try.

Best regards,

Bart
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      Thanks Bart, I'll give it a try.
      Grant