The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP: $36.83
      CO: $32.40
      BTN: $30.04
      SB: $38.00
      Hero (BB): $26.27
      UTG: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with J :club: A :club:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $3.35, SB raises to $6.90, Hero calls $3.55

Flop: ($13.80) 9 :heart: K :club: T :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $8.70, Hero folds

7 3bet / 100 fold3bet / 42 ats

Just give up to the min4bet? Or push? Or is calling IP ok? I would try to move him out of the pot often but here it's so improbable that he missed.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Against regs you're mostly gonna face a polarized 4betting range in those spots, either they're bluffing or they have TT+/AQ willing to felt them. And they'll barely ever just flat the 3bet out of position. So i usually like to flat in position with hands i don't feel comfortable shoving over a 4bet, especially without history. His ATS is plenty high enough for him to come in with lots of trash hands that AJs will still be ahead of even when we don't hit a flop, so peeling with AJ-high for value is not gonna be bad either.

Once you get 4bet small i think it's really close given the odds until you know he can do that as a bluff, by default it just looks super strong to me. I don't really like calling since the A is never good if he's not bluffing, the J rarely will be, so unless we get a flushdraw/straight/two pairs we're gonna have to make light call downs and more often than not get valuetowned. Shoving feels bad too, i'd just fold and hate myself for 3betting a marginal hand in the first place.

Hope it helps.