SB: $27.24
      BB: $34.01
      UTG: $12.25
      Hero (MP): $32.21
      CO: $55.03
      BTN: $29.41

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with J :diamond: K :heart:
      UTG calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, 3 folds, BB calls $1, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.85) K :club: 9 :club: 2 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.65, BB raises to $4.08, Hero calls $2.43

Turn: ($11.01) T :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($11.01) K :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6.50, BB calls $6.50

20/13/2.5 on 80 hands
      He's able to raise like that on the flop with a draw.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm fine with your play until the river. He checked to you twice so either he doesn't have much or he's trapping. Or he's somehow afraid of the board with better Kx or flushes. The thing is there you have to believe he can both call preflop and c/r the flop with K8- to ensure he still has stuff you beat that he'll call a valuebet with on the river, and i don't think he does.

Most players we'd be giving like 22/99/K9s/clubs/maybe AK-KQ for raising that flop. That would mean on the turn you're toast already, and the rivered K doesn't in fact improve your hand against that range. It's sad but since you're bluff catching from the flop onward you really aren't targeting anything with a valuebet there unless you re-adjust the range you give him for value raising the flop to include worse Kx hands.

In all fairness, Kaitz disagrees with me on this and would actually bet the river too. Please post the result at some point so we can settle the prop bet on this :D

Hope it helps.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      QJ of spades.
      What's with my share of the prize? :P
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd make a note on that, few people are actually c/raising gutshots in nl25 6max imo. It may be a stronger than usual tag trying to exploit common c-bet boards. Which means you should c-bet less marginal made hands that might be ahead to not get raised off them, and call more check/raises with weaker made hands then usual. Either that or he's a retard and reading too much into it would hurt you, so it probably needs further clues to be definitive.

Congratulations on your share of the prize, you win a commission on the virtual money that Kaitz and i never actually exchange in prop bets ;)

Hope it helps.