MAsSIVrOOM Sits (Takes) and Goes :>

• mistaCrono
      mistaCrono
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I decided to write this blog, because I think it will help to improve my game and so you can read something if you want. Let me introduce myself. I am 23 year old Jure from Slovenia and I am playing poker for about 5 years now. If you don't want to hear my story about how i started playing poker, then skip the next paragraph.
      I started playing with my friends, for very low limits and as soon as I was introduced to this game, I knew it would change my life. So for the first year we played a little - at most once a day at drink. Then after 1 year I discovered online poker, but I didn't have a clue so ofcourse I lost my 50$ I deposited. Then me and my friend started going in some poker room where we played limit 0,5 / 1 and 1 / 2 - there we learned to play poker and there I really got interested in it. I started watching poker all the time - I mean i watched every single part of poker material on thepokerbay.org, and started to get in the game more and more. We were the kind of company, that did nothing useful, just play poker and smoke weed and I mean constantly, at least 4 hours a day of poker almost every day. But it was still for very small money, only when we went to the poker room, it was bigger.....especially when they opened NL tables. Well I did good in learning, but not good in making money. We played less with time, but still regularly and in the mean time I deposited a couple of times on online poker sites - once 50$ on full tilt, when i already was playing ok, but flushed it in couple of days. Then some slovenian poker site was popular and i deposited like 200$ on it, because friend had money on there and i said to him a couple of times to put 20$ or something on it, once i made deposit myself - for 100$. I always was like breaking even, but eventually got bored and flushed it. I knew about bankroll management and stuff when i played there, but really didnt make any money, thats why i got bored. So there came a time about 2 months ago, when I quit smoking weed for 3 months already and when i started to work a very nice job where i can play poker almost all the time and I immediatelly went for 35$ to deposit. I deposited on PKR (I don't regret it, cause I met a friend there, but otherwise I am not happy I deposited on this crappy site), where I started to build slowly by playing 6handed but it didn't move upper than 80$ and I was getting very annoyed. I just know I can beat this game, but I couldn't manage that - I was very angry at myself and knew I needed some click in my strategy. So this friend said to me "go to pokerstrategy, you will learn and also get 50$ free money, so you can deposit on the site I will be playing on". I did that and read the SNG strategy for beginers and I found out, I was making a critical mistake in my strategy, because I didn't have a clue about the push or fold strategy. So I said to myself, you have to take it serious now. You can make it and you have to, if you want to do this in your life. This will be the last deposit (it prolly wouldn't be), and if you don't make it now, you are over with this shit. So I made deposit of 130$ on the site, where friend said we should go playing - NoIQ. It's a very shitty site for SNG players, cause you can play at most 3 tables at a time, sometimes none. I was playing there and only breaking even - had also bad run of cards, and after playing small amount of SNGs there, I was already watching bronze videos on this site, for 3$ and 1$ SNGs, they played on pokerstars mostly. It seemed so nice to me and I was getting annoyed by this shitty NoIQ, so I decided to transfer my money on Pokerstars. So I really transfered 106$, I left 20$ there on NoIQ, and before I got the money I already watched all these small SNG videos and I trained a little with ICM. I was confident, but after always loosing on online poker, you are still in doubts. So I seriously said to myself - if you ever want to make money in your life, this is your last chance.

So the money was transfered to Pokerstars and I had the pokerstrategy's strategy of beating these low limits. So on 30.8. I started playing and in my eyes I made a big success. I am writting all the wins and losses, comments and stuff, so I will post now how I did every day:

30.8.2009 - Started with BR of 106$ and I played for 6h, 32 games - 9 handed 3 + 0,4$, first two sessions of 4 tables, then 8 tabling.
      BR: $ 137,5

31.8.2009 - Played 40 games, played for 7h made 33$ profit.
      BR: $ 170,5

1.9.2009 - Played 43 games, playing about 5h, had bad session and with 10$ deposit bonus I made 17$....so i profited 7$ only.
      BR: $ 187,5

2.9.2009 - Played 16 games in 3,5h, and made 26,6$ profit.
      BR: $ 214,5

3.9.2009 - Played 30 games in 3,5h and made 18,4$ profit.
      BR: $ 232,5

4.9.2009 - Played 4 games while falling asleep behind computer, but guys didn't blind me out before prizes so I still made 2,5$ profit lol.
      BR: $ 235

5.9.2009 - Played 44 games on 3+0,4$ and I reached big enough BR to get on 5+0,5$, where I played 14 games. I played in two sessions - 5h + 3,5h. I got payed 10$ bonus, and all together I made 115$ and also managed to get in 17th place on Battle of planets promotion, which got me 30$, but they pay it out later. There was one funny thing: by my calculations I had and exact number of games I still got to play, to have my ending score, and I opened those games. While I finished first session and took a break, after that break the number in Pokerstars stats said, I have 1 more game to play than I calculated. So I played good and made good number of points and when I had last game opened, I found out if I win it, I get to 6th place (80$ + entry in 50k$ guaranteed). I really did it, but just before I finished it, I checked again and all the games were already played.....I was very angry at slow statistics update.
      BR: $ 350

6.9.2009 - Played two sessions - together 6,5h, played 39 games. With 10$ bonus payed off, I had now 90 $ profit today.
      BR: $ 441,5

7.9.2009 - 21 games played, had bad run - I was hoping, I can get to 500$ so I can go to 10$ SNGs, but made 15$. I also had 30$ of the Planet promotion payed off.
      BR: $ 486,5

I will post here Sharkscope statistics:

MAsSlVrOOM 275 $1 $4 30% $328

These days, after I started playing on Pokerstars, I am feeling extremly well - good, like I haven't felt for the last 5 years...It's like things are coming together and I am finally doing it right.

I will now daily post my results here, some difficult hands, and I would ask you to say any advice to me.
      And I have a question - do you think I should play turbos or regulars? I like the push or fold phase...

Thanks guys!If you don't want to hear my story about how i started playing poker, then skip the next paragraph.If you don't want to hear my story about how i started playing poker, then skip the next paragraph.
  • 4 replies
    • Nameless007
      Nameless007
      Bronze
      Of course play turbos, it takes 30-45 minutes to finish, while regular takes about 1,5 hour... Also the ROI will still be the same if you stick to turbos as on this level, the edge is not so large, so there should not be a big difference. Also, I even think you will have a larger edge over the fish in turbos as you know pushfold and they dont... So, I think you should stick to turbos and be happy. :f_cool: :f_biggrin:
    • mistaCrono
      mistaCrono
      Bronze
      Nameless thanks for advice.

Right now i played only 8 tables, 1.5h, because i feel very tired and not ready to play, so i think i will relax for today and continue tommorow.
      I made poor 5$

BR: $ 492
    • mistaCrono
      mistaCrono
      Bronze
      I have a problem playing small pocket pairs in middle stage of game, where i cant push'em and can't raise without risking about 1/5 stack with it...same problem is when on SB and all folded, I hold like A rag or K rag...Just don't know what to do - i think im loosing money there. And also when you raise with it, there is second problem - c-bet...If you would please explain to me how you play these, i would appreciate very much.

THX!!
    • Nameless007
      Nameless007
      Bronze
      :f_confused: Well, playing pockets is really easy. At early and middle stages(until you have less than 13bb) I always call 77+ UTG, 44+MP, 22+ Cutoff and button. When someone raises you need to trust your reads on him. If you know he is pretty tight, you can fold here, if you raise 77 from the button and big blind chipleader reraises you, it it easy push here, if you have like 13-15bb left.
      A-rags and I usually open-push from the small blind, if you have like 10<bb. 90% of a time they fold and 10% of a time you are against a shortstack, which puts you in a great shape if he calls, as he will probably have shit most of the time. When your Ace-rag didnt hit the flop, you really need a position, thats why I open-push from small blind and only raise 3x from cutoff and button, so no problems on flop. If he checks I would check behind, if he continue to check on turn, I would bet like 1/3 of pot. If he bets on flop, easy fold. :f_cool: