what could you advise me to do ?

• theguy
      theguy
      Bronze
      Hello,

I joined PS a bit more than a month ago. I played by the strategy articles and everything seemed to go pretty good. I went to 180$ in 2-3 weeks, but for the past week or more it has been just a terrible disaster. I am down to 25$ and playing 0.02/0.04 NL. I have won only about 15 % of my AA KK and QQ and I am not exaggerating. I have took some days off even, but still nothing. Reread the articles starting from basics, still nothing.
      Maybe someone has had a similar downswing or maybe I am just doing something wrong. I would really appreciate your advises or comments.

Thank you
  • 5 replies
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Post hands that lost big pots in hand evaluation thread, the feedback will help you to determine if it's a major downswing or leaks in your game.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Are you limping with AA KK QQ for trapping?

If yes that is why you lose often with these.

You know AA KK QQ are very strong but only against high card.

Limping preflop by thinking more people in the flop mean more profit will make you lose with AA KK QQ 70% of the time.

When you limp every type of card will enter the pot small pairs suited connectors etc etc

making the probability of losing 3 4 times more than having raise preflop as you will have to face straight, flush 2 pairs.

AA KK QQ are only 1 pair and they are difficult to improve on board the only way to win without improving is against 1 pair or high card.

That why it is better to always raise preflop with AA KK QQ by hoping you are facing lower pair or high cards and not potential draws card.

If you are not limping then the problem is the board.

When having KK QQ if on board you have an A when you have kk or A k when you have QQ - do you make a too much high raise?

The ideal is when you have some strong pocket pair and there is overcards on board you should try to control the pot when you have the initiative and most importantly not try to go all in!!

A pair is the lowest ranking hand after high card so don't all in with those.

A top pair is not worth all in as a lot lot lot of card can beat them but if you know your opponnennt and know he has a worse pair then you can but only if you are 100% sure.

preflop AA KK is ok to go all in as your opponents won't go all in will suited connectors or weak cards most of the time.

But QQ JJ - all in preflop is dead money as A K will kill you easily.

uhh i'm a fish just my humble opinion xD
    • theguy
      theguy
      Bronze
      Thank you, this seems very helpful.
      I think I have to reconsider the strength of JJ and QQ if someone reraises. Maybe I am trying to go all in to often with strong pockets preflop
      Oh and no, I certainly dont limp these cards :)
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jackalof
      Post hands that lost big pots in hand evaluation thread, the feedback will help you to determine if it's a major downswing or leaks in your game.
      Not just the ones you lost!

Algorithm to become and remain a good poker player:
      1) Play a session (maybe a short one, 30-45min)
      2) Go through all hands with a pot bigger than 10BB
      3) Post every single hand you're not 100% sure about
      4) Repeat till death
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by theguy
      Thank you, this seems very helpful.
      I think I have to reconsider the strength of JJ and QQ if someone reraises. Maybe I am trying to go all in to often with strong pockets preflop
      Oh and no, I certainly dont limp these cards :)
      lol i ask for the limp because when i have just started was always limping with good card and then when i lost i said bad beat but now by raising the "bad beat" was decreased by many many %.

Good luck and follow the advice of

Jackalof and Bierbaer