This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QKs nl50 sh

• ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      fold or call river?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $63,75
      MP3:
      $45,25

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , Q:spade:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1,75, 2 folds, Hero calls $1,50, BB folds.

Flop: ($4,00) J:spade: , T:club: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2,50, Hero calls $2,50.

Turn: ($9,00) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $6,75, Hero calls $6,75.

River: ($22,50) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5,00, MP3 raises to $34,25 (All-In), Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $32,50
  • 2 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I would c/r this flop.

As played I would c/raise him on the turn when I catch a fd to go with my oesd. Overcards might be good as well so I'm trying to get it in right there. What's more, we're oop so we have a hard time getting value on the river if we keep calling him.

As played, I would bet 14$ on the river and ship it if he wants to. It's little sense in calling him down and folding. If you think your :club: outs aren't clean then calling down looks like a bad idea, and on the river it's better to c/c I guess.

All that is a big IMO :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think leading the flop is a decent idea since he can't continue there with much and he wouldn't c-bet such an ugly texture with air often anyway. Then once you start on that line probably just bet turn shove river if he's c/calling down. If you get raised along the way unless you get good odds you should probably just fold, we could very well have a set in that spot so he might not even feel comfortable raising QQ+, which means when he does actually raise we probably aren't in good shape.

c/r flop will lead to him calling in position mostly, since his range has to be rather strong to c-bet there to begin with. So we'll be in a bloated pot oop, or worse we might get 3bet.

As played starting with c/c line, raising to commit ourselves on the turn with ~30% equity isn't really such a good idea imo, his range there for betting twice that terrible texture should be like QQ+/sets/combodraws/nutclubdraw/some bluffs, i'd rather continue to c/c.

As played on the river i don't really like donk/folding, if i'm betting i'll make it bigger and i'm calling the shove. Such a gay donk bet only serves as an inducer so folding when he jams doesn't make much sense imo. I'd probably just c/c or b/c and suck it up when he shows me a redrawn flush.

Hope it helps.