[NL20-NL50] QKs nl50 sh

• ronekinky
      fold or call river?

Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , Q:spade:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1,75, 2 folds, Hero calls $1,50, BB folds.

Flop: ($4,00) J:spade: , T:club: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2,50, Hero calls $2,50.

Turn: ($9,00) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $6,75, Hero calls $6,75.

River: ($22,50) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5,00, MP3 raises to $34,25 (All-In), Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $32,50
  • 2 replies
    • radyan111
      I would c/r this flop.

As played I would c/raise him on the turn when I catch a fd to go with my oesd. Overcards might be good as well so I'm trying to get it in right there. What's more, we're oop so we have a hard time getting value on the river if we keep calling him.

As played, I would bet 14$ on the river and ship it if he wants to. It's little sense in calling him down and folding. If you think your :club: outs aren't clean then calling down looks like a bad idea, and on the river it's better to c/c I guess.

All that is a big IMO :)
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think leading the flop is a decent idea since he can't continue there with much and he wouldn't c-bet such an ugly texture with air often anyway. Then once you start on that line probably just bet turn shove river if he's c/calling down. If you get raised along the way unless you get good odds you should probably just fold, we could very well have a set in that spot so he might not even feel comfortable raising QQ+, which means when he does actually raise we probably aren't in good shape.

c/r flop will lead to him calling in position mostly, since his range has to be rather strong to c-bet there to begin with. So we'll be in a bloated pot oop, or worse we might get 3bet.

As played starting with c/c line, raising to commit ourselves on the turn with ~30% equity isn't really such a good idea imo, his range there for betting twice that terrible texture should be like QQ+/sets/combodraws/nutclubdraw/some bluffs, i'd rather continue to c/c.

As played on the river i don't really like donk/folding, if i'm betting i'll make it bigger and i'm calling the shove. Such a gay donk bet only serves as an inducer so folding when he jams doesn't make much sense imo. I'd probably just c/c or b/c and suck it up when he shows me a redrawn flush.

Hope it helps.