Norwegian/Scandinavian community

• hoffee
      hoffee
      Bronze
      I have got a suggestion to this site. What about adding a Norwegian or a Scandinavian community? So that 1. youll expand into more marketingsegments, earning more..

As well as it would be great for the Norwegians to for instance compete at the same groundlevels at the Swedish/British players do at this community..

Now Im thinking of rankraces, TAF-ranking, extras etc.

Would've been appreciated, and it would maybe even earn pokerstrategy more money, especially in the longterm.

Any thoughts?
  • 12 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi hoffee, thanks for your suggestion.

Think everyone at PokerStrategy would agree with you my friend and I'm sure that it is the intention to expand into other language communities like Norweign.

As you've mentioned, there is already a Swedish and I believe a Finnish community and it was recently announced that PokerStrategy have added 2x new communities (Indian/Hindi & Romanian).

I'm sure others are already in the planning stage and as soon as the level of demand/number of Norweign speakers increases, then I'm sure a community will also follow.
      When I joined in Oct last year, I believe there was 1.4m members worldwide, whereas now I understand it's reached 2m, so PokerStrategy's popularity is expanding rapidly across many countries. I think it's only a matter of time :)

Thanks again for the suggestion,

Bart
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Norwegian community fast please :)
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      A Norwegian community would be great! If any norwegians wants to discuss strategy, help eachother etc. send me a pm!
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      DANISH COMMUNITY NOW PLEASE :f_biggrin:
    • nubbe2
      nubbe2
      Black
      Originally posted by gredal
      +1
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      You norwegians are of course welcome to my swedish coachings!! :f_grin:
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nubbe2
      Originally posted by gredal
      +1
      Well there has been a lot of translation done, but the whole thing is put on hold for now as far as I know. So a lot of the Danish part is already done.
    • hoffee
      hoffee
      Bronze
      Looking forward to it!
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      When I joined in Oct last year, I believe there was 1.4m members worldwide, whereas now I understand it's reached 2m, so PokerStrategy's popularity is expanding rapidly across many countries. I think it's only a matter of time :)
      We've actually reached 2.5m these days :)

To the topic:
      As we have a Swedish & a Finnish community, a Danish or Norwegian community would be possible - and we even started work on a Danish one.

If we would get good initiative applications as Community Managers, the projects could speed up ;)

Lutz
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xantos
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      We've actually reached 2.5m these days :)

To the topic:
      As we have a Swedish & a Finnish community, a Danish or Norwegian community would be possible - and we even started work on a Danish one.

If we would get good initiative applications as Community Managers, the projects could speed up ;)

Lutz
      My education ends in fall 2010.. Then I'm on my way ;)

But seriously I hope you find a new one soon, so we can get back to translating.
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      Bumping this one. I know that several people, including myself, are eager to start a Norwegian community. Any chance for this to happen? :)
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      Originally posted by knb22
      Bumping this one. I know that several people, including myself, are eager to start a Norwegian community. Any chance for this to happen? :)
      Really been wanting that for a long time.