[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH QQ 4bet pre-flop

• andrisxxx
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.16, BU folds, SB raises to $0.48, Hero raises to $1.51, CO folds, SB calls $1.05.

Flop: ($3.26) 7, 3, K (3 players)
      SB bets $2.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5.26.

OP is a LAG fish, open raising a lot, playing a lot of hands, but not completely retarded post-flop.
      1) Do I always go broke 100bb deep after a 4bet pre-flop although there are overcards on the board and OP donkbets into us (am I always committed to the pot after 4betting pre)? Does this change if I'm deep (>150bb)?
      2) Is it better to ship it pre-flop than 4betting (I'm not sure if OP calls an all-in, but he usually calls re-raises pre-flop)?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think 4betting like you did is better against aggro players, that gives them a chance to shove themselves with worse hands for whatever reason they can find.

Postflop a better idea of how he's playing postflop would be helpful. Is donking common for him ? If it is, what does he usually donk with ? If it isn't, did you see him c/c or c/r good hands ?

If donking out is common for this player it doesn't tell you much. If he rarely does it and you've seen him c/c or c/r good hands then it's likely you still have him beat there and shoving is fine. If you have nothing to base your decision on except that he's calling there very often preflop, your hand still rates to be best against all the crap he calls with and you shouldn't fold to his out of turn aggression.

Hope it helps.
    • andrisxxx
      Thank you for your reply!

Reviewing the hand after the session, I also came to the conclusion that I probably should have shipped the flop. But still I wanted to know what the judge thinks.