Stack
      SB:
      $6.51
      Hero:
      $5.29
      MP2:
      $11.03

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:heart: , J:spade:
      Hero calls $0.05, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.65) 9:spade: , Q:spade: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.05, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.30, MP2 calls $0.25, SB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($1.55) A:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, MP2 raises to $1.60, 2 folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.30

He told us after that he had KK with the flush.. but maybe I shouldn't of even called and just flat folded this straight away.
  • 3 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      You should really fold it preflop.. or if you really want to play it, you should take the initiative at least by raising... then you can fold to a reraise by MP3.

On the flop, I don't understand why you're check/raising... but if you decide to, you need to raise more.

On the turn, I think it's correct to fold to MP3's raise given what has happened and how passive this guy is. That being said... only KK beats you here... he may well have QQ, AA.
    • jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Bronze
      Ok before we get to the post flop play i don't think you should be limping UTG with AJo and certainly not calling a raise of your limp.

After flopping your flush draw i would probably just call the bet as you are getting great odds to draw to your flush. Then when you hit the 2nd nut flush on the turn i'm going broke there. If the villain has the Ks then he's going to have to show me it. I'm maybe wrong but thats how i'd go, although back to the original point i don't think you should have been in the hand in the first place.

GL
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree, raise or fold AJo from UTG, limp/calling is atrocious.

As played postflop if you are going to raise that flop make it bigger, you want both more fold equity and more money in the pot once you hit, since you won't be able to get away from the 2nd nuts afterward against two players that seem bad enough to never fold any spade. On the turn raise SB's donk yourself and call a shove.

Hope it helps.