Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $24.36
      BB:
      $41.82

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , 2:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BB raises to $3.75, Hero calls $2.75.

Flop: ($7.50) 4:heart: , J:heart: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.56, BB raises to $12.25, Hero raises to $20.61 (All-In), BB calls $8.36.

Turn: ($48.72) 3:heart:
      River: ($48.72) J:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $48.72

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Ah 2h)
      BB shows a pair of jacks (Ac Kc)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Ah 2h)

I wouldn't normally call that 3 bet, but I had just folded to a 3 bet to him, and wanted to stand up to him. Followed up with a donk contibet, to sell my story.

When he showed up with his mega agression, I pushed, figured I was 50%+ to nut flush... comments thx
  • 3 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      A2 is a bad hand to call a 3bet with oop cause you're gonna be dominated very very often. Just fold preflop - there's no shame in folding to two 3bets in a row from the same player. If he starts doing it too often you might want to tighten your range a bit if he has position on you and be more inclined to 4bet/shove with hands like JJ or AQs. 4betting (even as a bluff) is probably better form of adjustment than calling 3bets oop. That's just my personal thought though.

As played I'm going for a check/raise on this flop. He should cbet almost his entire range here and fold his Ax when you push. For the other part of his range your A outs should be clean so you have even more equity.
    • naderh1
      naderh1
      Bronze
      you're right A2 belongs in the muck, plus I should not be blind stealing this kind of opponent in the first place. Things could have gotten really nasty for me. I agree with the 4 - bet theory w/stronger hands.

As played, check/raise would have been a better line.

thanks.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d prefer fold A2s pf or 4-bet bluff with that, on the flop, leading and getting all-in is fine line
      You can also c/r and then shove turn if you think that would gain extra money against weaker hands