This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 A2s

• naderh1
      naderh1
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $24.36
      BB:
      $41.82

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , 2:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BB raises to $3.75, Hero calls $2.75.

Flop: ($7.50) 4:heart: , J:heart: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.56, BB raises to $12.25, Hero raises to $20.61 (All-In), BB calls $8.36.

Turn: ($48.72) 3:heart:
      River: ($48.72) J:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $48.72

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Ah 2h)
      BB shows a pair of jacks (Ac Kc)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Ah 2h)

I wouldn't normally call that 3 bet, but I had just folded to a 3 bet to him, and wanted to stand up to him. Followed up with a donk contibet, to sell my story.

When he showed up with his mega agression, I pushed, figured I was 50%+ to nut flush... comments thx
  • 3 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      A2 is a bad hand to call a 3bet with oop cause you're gonna be dominated very very often. Just fold preflop - there's no shame in folding to two 3bets in a row from the same player. If he starts doing it too often you might want to tighten your range a bit if he has position on you and be more inclined to 4bet/shove with hands like JJ or AQs. 4betting (even as a bluff) is probably better form of adjustment than calling 3bets oop. That's just my personal thought though.

As played I'm going for a check/raise on this flop. He should cbet almost his entire range here and fold his Ax when you push. For the other part of his range your A outs should be clean so you have even more equity.
    • naderh1
      naderh1
      Bronze
      you're right A2 belongs in the muck, plus I should not be blind stealing this kind of opponent in the first place. Things could have gotten really nasty for me. I agree with the 4 - bet theory w/stronger hands.

As played, check/raise would have been a better line.

thanks.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d prefer fold A2s pf or 4-bet bluff with that, on the flop, leading and getting all-in is fine line
      You can also c/r and then shove turn if you think that would gain extra money against weaker hands