This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 AKs

• thedahl
      thedahl
      Bronze
      Should I have pushed after flop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $6.13
      Hero:
      $5.12
      CO:
      $6.14

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:diamond: , A:diamond:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO raises to $0.55, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.10, CO calls $1.55, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.77) 8:club: , 3:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.02 (All-In), CO calls $3.02.

Turn: ($10.81) K:club:
      River: ($10.81) T:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.81

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kd Ad)
      CO shows a pair of jacks (Js Jc)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kd Ad)
  • 3 replies
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Strange played, He reraise u preflop, u re reraise. I would put him on a pretty tight range with many pocket pairs included, Why would u want to get 100bb in on a board u didnt even hit?
    • SharkySmurf
      SharkySmurf
      Bronze
      I agree I don't think I would ever re raised his re raise pre flop. What did he have?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Calling his 3bet there isn't bad, it's gonna be multiway with a hand that can make really strong hands and you have a decent postflop position as long as BB isn't an aggro fish.
      If you choose to 4bet, just jamming is an option, CO is probably gonna dump anything up to QQ+ and it prevents you from getting into these weird postflop spots.

As played postflop, i think you have absolutely no fold equity so even c/c is gonna be better than shoving yourself. It's really sad but i think his range there is mostly high pocket pairs that are never going to fold, so saving yourself the 60bb by check/folding it down is probably a better idea.

Hope it helps.