[NL2-NL10] NL5 AKs

• thedahl
      Should I have pushed after flop?

Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:diamond: , A:diamond:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO raises to $0.55, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.10, CO calls $1.55, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.77) 8:club: , 3:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.02 (All-In), CO calls $3.02.

Turn: ($10.81) K:club:
      River: ($10.81) T:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.81

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kd Ad)
      CO shows a pair of jacks (Js Jc)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kd Ad)
  • 3 replies
    • Heffron89
      Strange played, He reraise u preflop, u re reraise. I would put him on a pretty tight range with many pocket pairs included, Why would u want to get 100bb in on a board u didnt even hit?
    • SharkySmurf
      I agree I don't think I would ever re raised his re raise pre flop. What did he have?
    • MaestroOfZerg

Calling his 3bet there isn't bad, it's gonna be multiway with a hand that can make really strong hands and you have a decent postflop position as long as BB isn't an aggro fish.
      If you choose to 4bet, just jamming is an option, CO is probably gonna dump anything up to QQ+ and it prevents you from getting into these weird postflop spots.

As played postflop, i think you have absolutely no fold equity so even c/c is gonna be better than shoving yourself. It's really sad but i think his range there is mostly high pocket pairs that are never going to fold, so saving yourself the 60bb by check/folding it down is probably a better idea.

Hope it helps.