Rakeback for profit?

• feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      (note this was originally in the full tilt section but i reposted to get the opinion of rakeback players on other sites)

I only play 4 tables at the most but I have noticed a few players on NL 10 buy in with a half stack and sit at 12-16 tables
      These players show a VPIP and PFR of about 10% and 9%
      Having played with them a lot, I never see them win big pots and after 1000-2000 hands with one guy his profit is about +$3

However, he is always on there with his 12 tables. What kind of rakeback profits could be generated in a day of playing 12 tables on NL10? Lets say for about 8 hours.

I think these people are clearly playing not to lose and collecting the rakeback so I'm curious as to what kind of profit can be made with this tactic.

Thanks!
  • 12 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      I'm at least relatively sure that rakeback on full tilt is awarded even if you are not involved in a pot.

I 8 tabled short stack on NL50 a fair bit and for the last 2 weeks got $30 rakeback.

I moved up to NL100 and played even more (probably got about 10,000 ftp in the past week) And I expect to get somewhere between $50 and $100 rakeback.

All u have to do is play breakeven poker on lots of tables in the case of full tilt and ur making lots every week in rakeback. Pick the tables with the biggest avg pot so they can pay your rakeback too :D
    • JayGGX
      JayGGX
      Diamond
      wouldnt it be smarter to play for profits instead of rakeback? not getting raked is better than getting rakeback
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Lol i'm playing 16 table on NL2 with 100 BB stack.

But i playing both for profit and rakeback.

On Nl2 6 hours a day 16 table = 100 point = $23 weekly profit.Just by break-even.

But my BB/100 is about 3-4

NL 10 8hours a day will be about - $90 rake.

Originally posted by JayGGX
      wouldnt it be smarter to play for profits instead of rakeback? not getting raked is better than getting rakeback
      Playing for both is even smarter :s_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      that is my question
      i believe i'm seeing a few guys play for rakeback on the micro limits so i was wondering what kind of returns they would really get from that

i'm not suggesting to play only for rake
      actually i'm not suggesting anything!!
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      I already told you >_>

NL2 16 tables 6 hours 7 days - $20
      NL5 16 tables 6 hours 7 days - $40
      NL10 16 tables 6 hours 7 days - $80
      NL25 16 tables 6 hours 7 days - $ 100

All this full ring.

This is all approximative but i get $20 by playing NL2 16 table 5-6 hours a day.

I get about 10 - 11 BI of the current NL i'm playing per week so just break even is a profit.
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      probably a little bit more on the NL 25 if playing that much wouldn't be? you get some monster pots going throughout the day
      be interesting to hear from someone who actually plays at that level to see how it compares with your projection
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      I wouldn't recommend anyone to play for rakeback at lower limits. NL50 is first place where it is somewhat doable but is still bad. You can beat those small limits.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by feedfest
      probably a little bit more on the NL 25 if playing that much wouldn't be? you get some monster pots going throughout the day
      be interesting to hear from someone who actually plays at that level to see how it compares with your projection
      I made an error it is not $100 for nl25 it is about $180-200 xD

more than 2x NL10 as don't double up but increase by about 2.5 times.

I'm playing for break-even just by breakeven every 1.5 month i will move up a limit.

But i'm making profit instead of break-even so i'm happy in both case xD !
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      that is my question
      i believe i'm seeing a few guys play for rakeback on the micro limits so i was wondering what kind of returns they would really get from that

perhaps theyre just weak tight bad and cant handle multitabling? exploit the shit out of them imo
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      that is my question

perhaps theyre just weak tight bad and cant handle multitabling? exploit the shit out of them imo
      Don't go and tell them my weakness xD !

But anyway on NL2 most of the player are TAG >_<
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I play hour daily NL10 SH at FTP. I make average 600hands/hour and average rake is 10$ and i play 10-12tables.

So i would say if player plays NL10 SH 16 tables 3+3hours make like 5,5k-6k hands which means ~100$ rake per day or ~27$ rake back per day. if he plays all days is like 800$ rake back month. But i must say FTP Nl10 have higher rake than average(6,66%) also more aggressive players(much more 3bets than other networks) which also means higher average pots and combined bigger rake taken-> is like 15-17bb/100 at NL10 SH.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Lol

nice :D

But playing 16 table SH is a bit impossible for me xD !

I have tried but it is twice the speed of FR even if i can make split second desion 16 beep at the same time is annoying xD !!!!

With Fr i got at most 7 beep T_T