Weird observations at cake poker. Advice needed

• zeiduks123
      zeiduks123
      Bronze
      Hello there guys. After receiving PS' first capital at cakepoker, ive observed couple of weird, i emphasize very WEIRD things.

Firstly, i though it's just a fish playstyle, but then after meeting the same opponents again and again playing the same weird game, I decided to post a treath.

What i am trying to say that at cakepoker 10NL tables after playing like 15k hands, there are like 10 big stack guys (normally 20-40) dollars who play the weirdest hands i have ever seen in my life.

Moreover, the all are from Russia. I am not being intolerant or rude, that's just what i have observed.

Examples of hands.

Early position Short Stack Raise, Middle Pos ShortStack2 Calls, Late Pos (The guy i am talking about, Re-Raises Pot). Short Stackers Call.

Showdown - Shortstack1 - KK, Shortstack2 AK, The Guy - T3o. Flop: 8; T; T; 3; A. The Guy wins. Lol, is this a joke?

I have marked those guys. So i normally watch and examine their hands closely and ALWAYS see this weird stuff. They are like predicting the flop lol. They completely brake all the poker rules calling all ins with like J3, T4, K3. And they normally get straights, 3 of kinds etc. They do not enter many hands, though if they enter they always win. That explains why they always are 2x, 3x bigger than max buy in. Never seen them below 10$.

Could any1 explain this? If you want i will record some of those weird hands and show you if you wish :)

Regards,

Zeiduks
  • 18 replies
    • zeiduks123
      zeiduks123
      Bronze
      http://cakepoker.com/en/HandHistory/Default.aspx?Hand=xc3Mx8TFwMXHzcTExMPDwojFxs3Nx8XG

Here's one of the recent hands one of them played.

Hope it will appear correctly
    • kwedaras
      kwedaras
      Bronze
      yeah, i noticed that too, cake is full of setups (that hand where 2 guys get top pair and donk gets 3 of a kind). you cant really do much about it. i moved to cake with 550 usd bankroll from party, where i was winning player, now i have 400 something, but i tell to myself its because of lack of tracker and its new enviroment, so ill play there for a few weeks to see whats what and if i will not improve ill move out to other site.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Russian hackers strikes again!
    • zeiduks123
      zeiduks123
      Bronze
      http://cakepoker.com/en/HandHistory/Default.aspx?Hand=xc3Mx8TFwMXHwMTExcHEwYjFxs3Nx8XG

lol?
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      perhaps they are playing a lot of these crap hands hoping to get lucky and making an easy fold when they don't luck out

no easier way to stack someone than playing a hand you shouldn't so long as you don't mind losing the 4bb or whatever on your raises when you dont hit 9/10 times
    • drocco09
      drocco09
      Bronze
      I know the feeling, I moved to Cake a few weeks ago because of the Rakeback offer I got. I've noticed that when playing sss that I will get people calling with 10 4 os when I make the pfr raise only to hit for 2 pair, 3 of a kind, hitting a straight on the river, etc. When I play elsewhere i am a winning player but on cake i am a break even player. I am up only a few dollars because of the rakeback i receive weekly. Other wise I my bankroll jumps up and down daily. But I have also noticed that the players aren't playing premium hands either, it isn't rare to see a of A 4 os (or any A) pf raise from early pos or to see someone play Q2 d and call a 4bb pf raise and hit 2's on the flop for 3 of a kind to beat my A's.
    • zeiduks123
      zeiduks123
      Bronze
      http://cakepoker.com/en/HandHistory/Default.aspx?Hand=xc3MwMTFwcXDwsTExMzMwYjFxs3Nx8XG

oh come on...please!! This just cant be true.... Guys ffs help me please!!!
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      my opinion re the last hand: villain has a connector ;) not much cost to call, and donking out a pair on the flop seems standard. When you go all in, he's committed and has to call.

he can't lose more than 2$ against you, why not.

Why do you go all in over the donkbet? There are reverse implied odds, and you only have two overcards and no draws. I give up the flop because there's no implied odds, and we're usually beat.

We should bet to:

1) make worse hands call
      2) make better hands fold

I don't see going all in doing either here - there's also no reason to bet for information, and no reason to think we get value from betting.

calling is an option, but then what do you do with a second barrel, you are committed. bet or fold flop here. fold looks slightly better to me.

It looks like very weak players on cake - does this mean maybe you can play even more hands as a SSS?
    • Djvandal
      Djvandal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Russian hackers strikes again!
      must have followed from party i think thats there last sighting spot
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Noticed the same thing at Cake. Had one a few minutes ago, ended up winning but things were not looking good.

I'll see if I can find it in HEM and try to post it.

EDIT: Found it, like I said, ended up winning but how does he call the raise in first place?

Hand was converted using Cake hand converter
      $0.05/$0.10 N/A (yet) (9 handed)
      Known Players:
      UTG2:
      $11.38
      UTG3:
      $15.12
      MP1:
      $2
      MP2:
      $1.95
      MP3:
      $8.16
      CO:
      $12.11
      BU(Hero):
      $3.17
      SB:
      $1.58
      BB:
      $11.02
      Preflop: Hero is BU with K,K.
      UTG2 calls $0.10, UTG3 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, BU raises $0.50, SB folds, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.40

Flop: ($0.45) 4,4,Q (4 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.58, BU is all in 2.6700, UTG2 calls $2.09

Turn: ($3.12) 5 (4 players)

River: ($3.12) K (4 players)
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      SSSaments lol :D
    • TTarkan
      TTarkan
      Bronze
      I would say just stay away from cake... They had closed my account just coz I logged in from 3 different countries in 3 years time... And the gold cards promotion is just too stupid and unfair. I only used to play there for freerolls but now never. I would recommend pokerstars. carbonpoker was one of my favorites too in the past.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      If you use any kind of tracking software check these players and see if they're really winning with those hands in this frequency.
      If this is actually no matter of selective memory you could write an email to the cake support including some evidence, but i expect this to be normal suckouts which appear to be hackers predicting flops.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I don't think Cake allows any tracking programs..
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      Now it's obvious why!
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Tracking software is allowed afaik.
      What is not allowed to use it while you play. I don't know if just the hud is not allowed or the whole program.
      But i'd guess you could import the hand histories after the session.
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bierbaer
      Tracking software is allowed afaik.
      What is not allowed to use it while you play. I don't know if just the hud is not allowed or the whole program.
      But i'd guess you could import the hand histories after the session.
      I've had HEM running numerous times while playing at Cake. I think the HUD can't attach itself to the room software, not sure how they stop this exactly but it would import HH not problem while playing.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      lets assume they have the software for ccheating

why only stick to nl10?