[NL2-NL10] Could have shoved against a steal?

• noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $100.00

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , 8:spade:
      4 folds, CO raises to $3.00, 3 folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.50

Usually when I find close resteal spots like this then I go to the equilator to see what equity I have. I have about 51.5% against his range. I decided to fold, but I'm not sure about this. What kind of edge do you think is good enough for a push?
  • 2 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I woudn't give him 29% range here because 1- he is stealing from CO and 2 - you don't have such a good sample for orl value.

So I think a fold is best if you don't have more info on his range, though if he was stealing from sb for instance I'd be probably re-steal.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey noclaninator,

Originally posted by dandycal
      I woudn't give him 29% range here because 1- he is stealing from CO and 2 - you don't have such a good sample for orl value.

So I think a fold is best if you don't have more info on his range, though if he was stealing from sb for instance I'd be probably re-steal.
      this.

CO ATS is usually lower than average.

Besides, you should also take a look at the stats of BU and SB, because if they're loose then CO will have a tighter range, while he will be looser when they're tight.

Anyway, I think fold here is the better choice.

Regards,
      burek2000