This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Could have shoved against a steal?

• noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $100.00

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , 8:spade:
      4 folds, CO raises to $3.00, 3 folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.50

Usually when I find close resteal spots like this then I go to the equilator to see what equity I have. I have about 51.5% against his range. I decided to fold, but I'm not sure about this. What kind of edge do you think is good enough for a push?
  • 2 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I woudn't give him 29% range here because 1- he is stealing from CO and 2 - you don't have such a good sample for orl value.

So I think a fold is best if you don't have more info on his range, though if he was stealing from sb for instance I'd be probably re-steal.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey noclaninator,

Originally posted by dandycal
      I woudn't give him 29% range here because 1- he is stealing from CO and 2 - you don't have such a good sample for orl value.

So I think a fold is best if you don't have more info on his range, though if he was stealing from sb for instance I'd be probably re-steal.
      this.

CO ATS is usually lower than average.

Besides, you should also take a look at the stats of BU and SB, because if they're loose then CO will have a tighter range, while he will be looser when they're tight.

Anyway, I think fold here is the better choice.

Regards,
      burek2000