This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SH AJo from CO

• shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $3.38
      SB:
      $2.08
      BB:
      $0.86
      MP2:
      $0.46
      MP3:
      $2.29
      CO(Hero):
      $1.94

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BU raises to $0.21, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.45) K, Q, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.25) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.65, Hero raises to $1.30, BU raises to $1.30, Hero calls $0.03.

River: ($4.53) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.53.
  • 3 replies
    • ichmagmich
      ichmagmich
      Bronze
      the call on the flop seems completely wrong to me i mean u have nothing besides a runner-runner nut flush draw and the gut-shot to the nut straight but u need to discount some outs because of the flush-draw. i dont play shorthanded but a 3-bet seems to strong to be called with that on the flop.
      going broke on the nut straight at the turn is obvious.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Unless you have some read on BU just fold preflop out of position with a dominated hand like AJo, you'll leak money in bad reverse implied odds situations, it'll cost you a lot less money to just bail until you have a good reason to continue. Like he's doing that every other hand or something.

As played postflop check/raising would require you to have an idea on how often he's c-betting that flop with air, which you don't have. And check/calling with maybe as little as 3 outs to a straight and a backdoor nut flushdraw is just bad overall. So just c/f.

On the turn you luckbox the nuts so obviously all the money goes in, no argument here.

Hope it helps.
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      I had a read he had a small pocket pair... like 55 to 99... so decided to call flop one time, coz hes c-bet rate: 100%