[NL20-NL50] nl50 87d SB - Top 2pair

    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.07.2008 Posts: 4,383
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $50.00
      BB:
      $49.50
      MP1:
      $51.76
      BU:
      $56.75

      0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

      Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, 3 folds, BU calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks.

      Flop: ($2.00) 7:spade: , 8:spade: , 5:spade: (4 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, 2 folds, BU raises to $6.00, Hero calls $4.50.

      Turn: ($14.00) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $9.00, Hero calls $9.00.

      River: ($32.00) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $41.25 (All-In), Hero folds.

      Final Pot: $73.25

      I figured he might have a set or better on the flop and try to go for pot control...
  • 11 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2007 Posts: 27,343
      if you lead out then I like b /f more than b/c, c/c and then deciding on the river
      too many bad cards could come and even if turn and river are blanks you´re not likely gonna be ahead a lot of times on the river
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.07.2008 Posts: 4,383
      He could be semibluffing 2 streets with a spade or SD, even value betting OP, but I dont believe hes shoving worse than my hand on the river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2007 Posts: 27,343
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      He could be semibluffing 2 streets with a spade or SD, even value betting OP, but I dont believe hes shoving worse than my hand on the river.
      agree
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.07.2008 Posts: 4,383
      So you bet/fold top 2pair here?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2007 Posts: 27,343
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      So you bet/fold top 2pair here?
      your line looks really strange if you c/c turn and then bet river
      So if you think he is not bluffing enough times c/f river seems better option
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.07.2008 Posts: 4,383
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      So you bet/fold top 2pair here?
      your line looks really strange if you c/c turn and then bet river
      So if you think he is not bluffing enough times c/f river seems better option
      I meant on the flop
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2007 Posts: 27,343
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      So you bet/fold top 2pair here?
      your line looks really strange if you c/c turn and then bet river
      So if you think he is not bluffing enough times c/f river seems better option
      I meant on the flop
      I´m not b/f flop,s ince he could do that move with a lot worse hands than top two
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.07.2008 Posts: 4,383
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      if you lead out then I like b /f more than b/c, c/c and then deciding on the river
      too many bad cards could come and even if turn and river are blanks you´re not likely gonna be ahead a lot of times on the river
      confused again.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2007 Posts: 27,343
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      if you lead out then I like b /f more than b/c, c/c and then deciding on the river
      too many bad cards could come and even if turn and river are blanks you´re not likely gonna be ahead a lot of times on the river
      confused again.
      same here :D
      after thinking a while I think b/c flop is reasonable, c/c turn and c/f river
      b/f flop seems a little weak on limped pot
    • nurmalna
      nurmalna
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.05.2009 Posts: 61
      But is it wrong to go all in on the flop? Every :spade: calls + you have some outs to get full house + fold equity + no disadvantage to play oop.

      Or am I wrong here?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2007 Posts: 27,343
      Originally posted by nurmalna
      But is it wrong to go all in on the flop? Every :spade: calls + you have some outs to get full house + fold equity + no disadvantage to play oop.

      Or am I wrong here?
      from my experiences when you get all-in on that board on limped pot, you´re usually behind with very few equity
      So I´d like to take passive line