Bug

• Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I encountered a software bug which cost me $2.00. Luckily the player transfered me the funds out of good faith but I still contacted support about the issue.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed)

Hero (CO) ($14.20)
      Button ($2)
      SB ($2.55)
      BB ($8.20)
      UTG ($8)
      UTG+1 ($18.80)
      MP1 ($5.90)
      MP2 ($9.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A
      UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.70, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.60, MP1 raises to $2, Hero raises to $5, UTG calls $4.30, MP1 raises to $5.90 (All-In), Hero calls $0.90, UTG calls $0.90

Flop: ($17.85) 6, K, 7 (3 players, 1 all-in)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $8.30 (All-In), 1 fold

Turn: ($17.85) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($17.85) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $17.85 | Rake: $0.85

Results:
      MP1 had 9, 9 (straight, ten high).
      Hero had A, A (one pair, Aces).
      Outcome: MP1 won $17

Basically the problem was after roma pushed all in, I wasn't given the option to reraise all in preflop to make tworpism all in. As you can I just called roma and then as a result tworpism got to see a cheaper flop and kept his last $2.00 which he obviously would have shoved had I been given the chance to reraise preflop. I wasnt able to take a screenshot of the error because i was too involved in the hand but believe me no one in their right mind would just call the extra 90c and let the 3rd player who has already invested 80% of their stack see the flop with $2.00 left. So in summary instead of stars giving me the option to fold, call or raise. It just offered me the call of 90c. In fact now that I think about it, Stars didnt even give me a fold option just the call 90c option. Weird...but I did contact support and give them my log files. I am a bit worried though because i uninstalled stars and resintalled it after this session because i have error 6/1006 in my cashier and the techincal team told me to do a clean install of the software which didnt work by the way; hence the log files might have been uninstalled too. Happy days.
  • 1 reply
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      Hey, Joronamo,
      this isn't a bug, the problem is that MP1's all-in wasn't a "leigitimate" raise because the minimum raise you can make is the same raise as the last one.
      Therefore after MP1 raised to 2 and you reraised to 5 (3 more), the minimum possible raise now is to 8 (another 3 more). There is an exception to this rule when you have less than this amount, you can always raise all-in, but this isn't a standard reraise and therefore it doesn't reopen the betting (you can't reraise such a raise again).
      You should be given the oportunity to fold though, are you really sure that it wasn't there? (I think that in this case you can see the fold button on the left, there is nothing in the middle where is usually the call/check button and the call button is on the right where is usually the bet/raise button so it can be a bit confusing when you see it the first time around.)