18 and 45 man vs 9/10 man

• RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      Burning question of the day for me, what is the more profitable and/or easier to win. With the 18/45 man are the bad players spread more therefore if you play your A-Game you have a better chance and more of a prize to collect at the end than say in the 9 or 10 man games?

Who has what experiences? I like the 18 and 45 turbos. I find the 9/10 max games okay too. But the 18 and 45 feel like more entertainment, and certainly you see some terrible play!

Thoughts? :D

im currently playing at the $3 - $6 level on stars with my current bankroll.
  • 6 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I never played SNGs but I saw an experienced player said that for the skilled player 45 man are better, since many players don't know to adapt their play to all the different phases of the 45 man tourney.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I've played most type of SnGs and my advice: play what u enjoy playing and enjoy evolving at. There are some key differences between 9mans and 45mans (18 mans don't really strike me as all that different). Money will come on it's own as long as ur having fun and doing the best u can to improve at what u do.
    • bodutzu
      bodutzu
      Silver
      I like 18man. Its like playing two 9man at once. I dont like playing on more than one table so its good for me. :)
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RavForenzo
      But the 18 and 45 feel like more entertainment, and certainly you see some terrible play!

Thoughts? :D
      You will see and some terrible downswings. :f_biggrin:
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      The one thing I must say is that on those 18/27 man sngs there is a phase when the tables break down... on 18man they break onto 2 6max tables so you should be prepared to change gears and expliot the fish... on 27 man it first breaks into tables around 7-8 players then goes back to 2 FR tables and then from there its like a 2table sng ... if you are able to addapt to players, stack sizes and table formation you will do well atleast at the lowish stakes up to about $11.
    • bodutzu
      bodutzu
      Silver
      When they become two 6man I usually try to steal as many blinds as possible , its really good cuz the others are trying to fold their way into the final table.